Position requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of the FMB processing and rum maturing operations including safety requirements, batching operations, tank room operations, quality standards, and management of supply, SAP, budget requirements, inventory management, KPI requirements, and other regulatory requirements.
Purpose of Role:
Provide direction of planning, organizing and controlling the staff to blend according to the manufacturing program. Manage the production operations including barrel dumping/filling operation, flavor/product blending and filtration, Government record keeping, shipping documentation preparation and ingredient inventory management for the production site.
- Responsible and accountable for departmental budget including overhead, direct & indirect labor Responsible for the direction of a team who performs processing, blending & maturing operations
- May be responsible for up to 15 team members across the department
- Ensure all production is accounted for in an appropriate manner including:
- Manages receipt and inventory of raw materials
- Manages government record, alternating premise and product trace systems
- Assures compliance with federal and state safety regulations to maintain safe working environment Assures compliance with federal and corporate standard dealing with transportation of dangerous goods Development of hourly employees to perform in a self-directed environment; carry out employee policies and procedures; resolve employee issues
- Manage corporate programs, food safety, employee safety, GMPs and environmental.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate government agencies.
- Ensure efficient communication between planner, scheduler and bottling for all blending requirements.
- Collaborate regularly with NA Rum planning team to ensure barrel movements and space constraints are accurately and effectively communicated.
- Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to improve safety and quality, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
- Research, write, and implement assigned Capital Authorizations (CAs) as required.
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the Processing, Warehousing and Maturing area.
- Be an effective member of the site leadership team, collaborate with colleagues on safety issues, quality and productivity.
- Approve and ensure accuracy of weekly payroll for all hourly employees. Ensure scheduling and maintaining necessary records for vacation administration.
- Adhere to budget guidelines and deliver in a timely fashion.
- Issue work orders to maintenance for routine and non-scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Ensure record keeping responsibilities are upheld and in a timely, accurate manner.
- Conduct daily quality requirements in appropriate manner and report results. Maintain records of all results to adhere to corporate guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Business, Management, Science or Engineering, five plus years of people management experience in manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate - SAP, Excel, MicroSoft Office
- Strong leadership and management background.
- Experience of leading in unionised environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills
- Excellent organization, planning and time-management skills.
- Must collaborate well with other departments, as well as all levels of management.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated experience - HACCP.
- Beer/FMB experience a plus.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Make - Distilling & Maturation