The Bulleit Distillery in Shelbyville is the newest addition to Diageo's NA Distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey and co-products to meet consumer demands.
The role requires:
- Whiskey barrel palletizing, filling and dumping
- Safe and efficient movement and storage of empty and full Whiskey barrels.
- Maintain quality and the integrity of all Whiskey barrels following Diageo Standards
- Maintain accurate inventory and movement records
- Loading/Unloading of Tankers
- Training and Backfill capability to control and monitor dryhouse processes and related activities. This includes but is not limited processing areas and related ancillary equipment As well as:
- Ability to read and interpret gauges for pressure, vacuum, temperature and flow rate
- Ability to use computer systems to monitor and control the system.
- React to abnormal conditions, breakdowns, and emergencies
- Full compliance to all Diageo, federal and local regulations for the handling, storage and transportation of Whiskey including TTB, FDA and environmental constraints
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Flexibility to adapt to different shift working practices and patterns.
- Target monitoring relating to health and safety, dark distillers grain quality, production efficiency, energy management, production planning and cost efficiency
- Both team and individual working that requires effective decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstration and promotion of positive actions and behaviors within and out of the workplace
- Support to "on-call" managers.
Purpose of Role:
Perform all dryhouse and barrel warehousing duties as assigned to successfully achieve production requirements. This role will work with the Production and Maintenance teams to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the dryhouse and warehouse facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Following the Dryhouse and Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitoring and controlling the process
- Identifying and correcting deviations from standard process parameters
- Reacting to abnormal conditions, breakdowns, and emergencies.
- Maintaining accurate process and inventory records
- Maintaining a safe and efficient production of high standard of quality
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Preferred - process operating experience.
- Forklift safety and OSHA certification or experience in the operation of a powered truck; will train, CDL preferred.
- Experience/capabilities with stacking pallets up to 20 feet high
- Demonstrated teamwork capability and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driver license.
- Ability to work any shift and holidays.
- A working knowledge and understanding of health and safety, TTB and environmental risk management principles.
- PC/Systems skills e.g. SAP.
- A working knowledge and understanding of electronic/paper business systems.
- Lifting - Minimum: 50 lbs frequently; Maximum: 100 lbs
- Repetitive Motion - Frequently manipulating controls on forklift.
- Dexterity - Frequent manipulating controls on forklift.
- Standing/Sitting - Frequent sitting, standing and bending
- Frequent Walking
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Pulling/Pushing - Frequent to close overhead dock and trailer door and to operate cleaning equipment
Make - Distilling & Maturation