Closing Date: 23rd January
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Craft Mechanical Engineer to join our Shieldhall team with Diageo. This is a shift based role in our weekend rotation which does include the occasional nightshift.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere
Within the Mechanical section of the Craft Department at our bottling site in Shieldhall, this individual will be responsible for maintenance and improvements on packaging equipment to optimise performance.
You will utilise your experience of mechanical engineering to support the Asset Management Team Leader in running the line and ensuring maximum performance and that all technical issues are promptly resolved.
In this role, you will;
- Ensure your work area complies with all legal and Diageo Risk Standards
- Deliver targeted increases in KPI performance by taking full accountability for relevant technical aspects and implementing robust action plans
- Use of SAP Maintenance Systems to identify and drive improvements
- Notice and resolve technical issues before they happen
- Effectively maintain plans and procedures and ensure they are identified and implemented to achieve an ongoing reduction in losses
- Follow best practice procedures for technical processes
- Work proactively to coach other members of business group
- Actively participate in risk assessments for existing and changed equipment, plant and processes
- Promptly respond to plant emergency and breakdown situations and take appropriate action
- Maintain and repair critical plant that prevents or controls the risk of spirit spillage or ignition sources
To be considered for this role, you will be/have;
- Either have completed an Mechanical engineering apprenticeship or have an HND (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering
- Some experience of working as an Mechanical Engineer
- A real team player with excellent communication skills
- Proactive in your approach when problem solving
- Ideally, you would have previously used SAP based programmes
- Ideally, you'll have worked in a fast-paced production environment
- Ideally you will have a proven track record of fault finding and repair on equipment controlled by Siemens S5 and S7 PLC
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working
Tech - Maintenance