About the role
As Sales Decision Support Controller you will be accountable for providing consistent financial performance analysis and business partner support to the Commercial Team (Sales, Customer Marketing, Revenue Growth Management) and the relevant Country teams, thus fostering a culture of performance across the business. You will play a key role in supporting business decisions through the optimization of commercial and brand investments in Iberia. In doing so, you will play a key role in creating the legacy of the Bacardi business.
- You will perform the monthly review of risks and opportunities as it pertains to the achievement of the Financial objective and execution of commercial policy (price, mix, discounts) and the potential impact on full year financial performance and health of the commercial P&L (Gross to net key movements, gross profit) with a view to providing insight to support effective business decisions
- You will have a general knowledge and understanding of the Commercial strategy and an in depth knowledge of the Commercial Policy per channel to align the financial elements of that Policy with annual targets and P&L
- You will support your Manager to provide ongoing support and evaluation of actual performance against targets to ensure timely decision making
This role is varied and, while based in the Portuguese office, you will be required to interface with your key client groups to fulfill your role.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Provide timely analysis on top line performance (Volume, Price, Mix), including understanding of overall impact on the P&L of the promotional activilies
- Produce monthly Customer/Country/Channel/Brand Profit & Loss (P&L) and highlights key risks and opportunities
- Support SDS Manager and commercial teams to control volumes, price, discounts, and trade spend effectiveness to ensure alignment with - and achievement of - local P&L overall targets
- Support the local financial budgeting and planning process ensuring that volumes, price, discount spends are reflected accurately in the P&L and executed according to plan
- Help to evaluate and communicate risks and opportunities to the business
- Ensure the continuous flow of financial information and analysis to internal stakeholders
- Build and foster solid business partnering relationships with internal customers
- Provide expertise to Local Commercial Teams on key financial aspects of the Commercial plans; support execution of Commercial policy in Iberia
- Provide execution and financial analysis of the Sales & Operations (S&OP) process.
Creating a Winning Team
- Collaborate with all departments, and senior management on budget knowledge / skills.
Measures of success
- Performance: Commercial Indicators versus target. Net Sales absolute & growth vs target. A&P & Trade effectiveness.
- Value share: Support the delivery of Commercial targets in all channels in Iberia
- Strategy: Provide input to define Hub Finance Strategy for the Commercial organization in Iberia
- Audit Accuracy: Full accuracy of financial actions and elements in post audits.
- Employee Engagement: -
- Talent: Define and execute personal development plan with line manager
Critical experiences for success
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES FOR SUCCESS
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Strong track record of performance and delivery within Finance in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment, with few years of delivery in a contributor role.
- Proven ability to work seamlessly within a matrix organization.
- Understanding of commercial activities and plans.
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience of managing a P&L, forecasting, price structures and financial reporting, ROl calculations, A&P management, Excise & Duty impacts, risk management
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with ambiguity, able to take complex ideas and summarise into concise insights and recommendations.
- Effective communication skills, able to influence comfortably with senior leaders and embrace change.
- Able to quickly understand the business
- High-energy with a sense of urgency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, indentify issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to interact with multidiscipline team and multifunction project teams.
- Skilled at organizaing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results.
- Work with peers to develop standard analytical approaches/reports that can be applied across the business
- Advanced expertise in MS Office including Excel (Pivots, Vlookup, Conditional Functions, etc.) and proficiency in excel, data collection and analytics.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Fluency in Portuguese and good proficiency in English language. Spanish is a plus.
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits Industry is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business (or equivalent).
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.