About the role
This position reports to the Production Manager - Bottling. the incumbent is responsible for all phases of bottling line production, supervising and coordinating activities of bottling operators. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment in the bottling, production areas, and surrounding areas. Effectively manages, trains, develops, and evaluates department staff.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Plan work schedules to be performed during a given day or week, by several employees within their area of responsibility in conjunction with published production schedules
- Effectively supervise Bottling Line employees as well as contract staffing employees to ensure production goals and efficiencies are met.
- Support Self Directed Teams Initiatives
- Fully responsible for production of one line (line ownership model).
- Possess good working knowledge of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPâ€™s) performed by Bottling Line Operators.
- Ability to drive Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ability to perform necessary SAP functions.
- Ability to effectively operate bottling line machinery as needed.
- Observe machinery operation to detect malfunctions, report problems to maintenance for repair and offer technical guidance where appropriate.
- Oversee work of Bottling Line Operators to ensure completeness and compliance with packaging and quality specifications.
- Good working knowledge and practice of company safety policies and procedures and ensure all subordinates work within guidelines.
- Assure all work areas are clean and orderly in compliance with 5S initiative.
- Document all employee reports and ensure timely/accurate preparation and completion of all necessary paperwork including accident reports and time cards.
- Complete production reports as required.
- Prepare and perform employee performance evaluation reports for Bottling Operators in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Schedule vacation time, overtime and special working hours for Bottling Line Operators in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management team.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other departments to effectively meet company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance to effectively ensure sanitation and housekeeping standard are met and maintained.
- Possess the ability to work overtime, and outside normal schedule as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or requested.
Measures of success
Measures of Success
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred
- 2 â€" 3 years supervisory experience or equivalent leadership experience.
- Must possess and exhibit strong ability to work cohesively with others to accomplish company objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills with effective training abilities
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Good math skills including statistical analyses
- Strong personal computer and software skills
- Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong commitment to dependability and timeliness
- Ability to handle stressful, fast-paced,rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Effective supervising, coaching, and team building skills
- Exhibit flexible approach and willingness to work off shifts
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong commitment to team concept
- Strong problem solving skills
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.