About the role
- Integration of S&OP between global functions and local clusters/countries in Western Europe (WEUR)
- Responsible for developing Demand and Supply Strategy along with an optimized inventory strategy for WEUR to meet sales and service objectives.
- Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, finance and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
- Developing more integration between departments for business planning
- Through the S&OP process, develop, implement and influence best practices in the disciplines of forecasting and inventory management.
- Manage continuous improvement of the product supply (Finish goods, Value Added Pack and POS): improved customer service level; faster cycles; reduction of waste.
- You will work closely with the central Supply Chain team in Geneva and key WEUR stakeholders to ensure progress in these key indicators of success.
- In this role you will likely often find yourself in your office, but can expect to travel to visit the locally based teams in WEUR.
- You need to ensure plants get full visibility, sales forecast accuracy is improved and that a robust alert process is in place and maintained.
- Support and mentor the WEUR S&OP teams in order to ensure continuous improvement regarding tool utilization and data accuracy.
- When required interact with customers in order to build a collaborative relationship (VMI)
- The level of this role will make you a part of the WEUR Supply Chain leadership team, making key decisions that will significantly affect your markets and place you in a position of key accountability on many matters.
- Take steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to achieve positive results; participate fully in relevant training programs and actively pursue other opportunities to develop knowledge and skills.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
S&OP Maturity & Capability
- With the central team, create & drive plans to develop S&OP maturity for FG & POSM
- Develop the capability of S&OP teams to improve in tools process & behaviors
- Interact with customers in order to build a collaborative relationship
- Manage improvement of the product supply (FG, VAP & POS) improved customer service level; faster cycles; reduction of waste.
- Develop more integration between departments i.e. integrated business planning
- Build visibility between financial target & volume sales plan; support the financial team in the financial cycle.
Operations & Availability
- Ensure plants get full visibility, sales forecast accuracy is improved & that a robust alert process is in place & maintained.
- Ensure that the business reach agreement on S&OP plan on a monthly & rolling basis
- Use monthly process to review capacity issues/improvement projects are achieved
- Resolve short/medium term supply constraints (e.g. quality, technical...)
- Implement processes to prevent and monitor excess/obsolete inventory & write-offs including action plans for reduction & control improvement.
- Monitor SKU levels & define SKU rationalization initiatives
- Define inventory targets based based on central guidelines & market input
NPI Delivery On Time
- Ensure perfect process connection from Central team, OCs and Markets for all level promotions, NPI & POS materials, review & improve
- Develop processes & tools to measure & drive the improvement of their delivery on time at customer considering activity cycle timings, critical paths, market constraints
- Actively manage market needs (bottom-up vs. top down) with all stakeholders to ensure visibility of risks & ultimately delivery on-time
Portfolio Simplification & Harmonization
- Work with regional CPA to ensure continuous simplification & harmonization of WEU portfolios /NPIs
- Be the WEU market supply representative at Brand business / range reviews to ensure wide supply chain inputs & outputs
- Link with central supply team for wider portfolio improvements
- Drive special projects involving the portfolio (Compass Box type, source tagging etc.) for WEU constraints
- Support multi-brand promotions & or cost optimization projects
CPA Partnership for WEU
- Key partner is Commercial Planning & Activation stakeholders for a vision that is co-managed
Measures of success
- Operational Excellence: Drive sustained improvement in product supply, customer service, planning cycles and reduction of waste
- KPIs, for example:
- Stock Availability - DIOH
- SOX compliance
- Great place to work >75%
- Number of SKUs
- Write Offs
- Talent Development: Ensure WEUR S&OP team have clear and meaningful development plans in place and actively monitor and advance succession plans
Critical experiences for success
- You will have significant experience in S&OP and/or experience in forecasting and marketing analysis. Your familiarity and knowledge in advanced planning technology and decision support tools will be well recognised.
- Demonstrated use of analytical module to analyze demand and prepare forecasts, preferably in APO, and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Good depth of customer and market knowledge / skills
- This experience should have been gained in an FMCG environment
- Multi country experience along In-Market experience is a differentiator
- Leadership of both direct teams and matrix / cross functional leadership - managing / directing others.
- Language Skills: Fluent English; European language skills an advantage
- You may have worked in a plant planning team at one stage of your career and / or central planning function
- Proficient in supply chain issues within an integrated planning environment
- Mastery of Planning process
- Mastery of analytical and reasoning abilities
- Excellent general IT literacy
- Proficient in Product Innovation and Logistics / Distribution processes
- Communication : Structures and presents technical data in a clear and logical format.
Functional/Technical Skills :
- ERP - Experienced
- APS - Mastery
- Reporting Tool - Experienced
- Office Softwares ( Lotus, MS Office, ..) - Experienced
- Languages - especially English - Experienced
- Project Management (internal & External stakeholders) - Experienced
- External orientation - Foundation
- Planning Process e.g. S&OP, Inventory etc - Mastery
- Manufacturing/Operational & Copacking Processes - Experienced
- Market Understanding and CS skills - Foundation
- International Trade & Tax process (Documentation, ...) - Foundation
- Business Financial skills - Foundation
- Logistics & Distribution Processes - Experienced
- Product Innovation - Experienced
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.