About the role
As a key member of the international cruise team, you will be a key part of creating value and and financial impact for our company. The Global Cruise Commercial Analyst will work with the Cruise International Key Account Manager, Cruise Regional Managers, Cruise Customer Marketing Manager, and the finance teams on activation and program analysis, depletion analysis for on- and off-trade, pricing development and analysis, and insight tracking and analysis.
The Global Cruise Commercial Analyst will play a key role in better developing cruise insights and route-to-market metrics, establishing measurement and evaluation for all major cruise activations globally, as well as all commercial planning and analysis for the global cruise channel.
Your ability to combine a strategic business approach while managing multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, in particular with the GTR Marketing, Commercial, and Financial teams as well as influencing the broader, diverse team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Will have responsibility for all cruise channel analysis and insight research and action plan development within the GTR organization; specifically meaning:
- Measurement & Evaluation for all global cruise brand building activations
- Commercial planning and analysis on a global scale
- All ship chandler (route to market) depletion tracking and analysis
- Cruiseline on-trade depletion tracking and analysis
- Off-trade retail sales and depletions analysis
- Cruise on- and off-trade promotional template ownership and analysis
- Cruiseline menu and cocktails listing analysis
- SFA results and action planning
- Incubation (new items) tracking and action planning for commercial teams on a global scale
- Provide data to RGM as required for analysis of price/promo evaluation by Regional RGM Manager.
- Provide Data to Cruise Customer Marketing Manager as required for CMM to complete M&E on promo/brand building activity in the channel globally.
- Manage route to market for global cruise off-trade (pricing, promotion, activations, etc)
- Transnational trade database management for all cruise input and output
- POS management (ordering, tracking, distribution) for global cruise
- Monthly cruise channel and cruiseline specific trends and passenger insights tracking and reporting
- Cruise channel vendor management, analysis, and cost structure reviews (i.e agency spend rate card management)
- Cruise channel distribution matrix ownership
- All invoice process management (Americas only) including month end accruals
- Cruiseline playbooks ownership for top 10 cruiselines and segmentation database updates
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve global priorities in alignment with annual objectives and quarterly priorities
Employee Engagement - Achieve sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
Financial: Manages and maintains accuracy and reliability in all analysis performed
Brand /Company Image Protection â€" Ensure protection of the company and brand images
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- University degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 1-3 yearsâ€™ experience in an analytical role in a consumer goods environment, preferably in a company recognized for its successful product leadership
- Experience and knowledge in commercial environment with emphasis around developing, launching, implementing, or executing analytical initiatives within a corporate environment.
- Proven track record of creating compelling and successful analytical presentations to colleagues
- Ability to communicate, lead, and collaborate effectively within cross functional teams/departments
- Aptitude to think creatively and strategically and translate that thinking into actionable plans for using analysis and insights to win within cruise channel
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills included organizational and analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with proficiency with all other Microsoft Office Suite applications
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.