About the role
Support and implement the defined Global Strategies for the Packaging, Raw Material, taking care of the Budget. Identify and implement saving projects for budget optimization and assure accomplishment.
Take Leadership in the operational activities to assure business continuity on the region delivering the best option to the Company.
Position Impact: High
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Be the LAC OC Operations Single Point of Contact for Packaging Procurement and Raw Materials, covering different Bacardi sites and supply of components to co-packers.
- Be LAC OC lead and champion for Supplier Integration Program
- Build recommended sourcing strategies for local suppliers (Packaging and Raw Materials) and align with the Americas Direct Procurement Lead.
- Be responsible for defining sourcing strategies and implementation for plants specific materials
- Provide input and feedback to the Global Category Managers and Americas Direct Procurement Lead on Packaging and Raw Materials sourcing strategy and their execution based on OC LAC needs and specific requirements.
- Be responsible for implementing global sourcing strategies on both Packaging and Raw materials for the OC including sustainability programs for categories under scope
- Provide input and feedback to Global Category Managers on Packaging and CAPEX sourcing strategy and their execution based on OC needs and specific requirements
- Build recommended sourcing strategies for Raw Materials and align with Americas Direct Procurement Lead
- Communicate and champion Packaging and RM sourcing strategies within the OC
- Assure compliance according the procurement policy, Direct Materials (Raw and Pack) and Indirect Materials (Capex) within the organization.
- Evaluate and implement cost savings ideas to achieve or improve budgets, define and lead local and regional procurement projects that will lead to savings/efficiencies
- Negotiate, coordinate and document the packaging and raw material purchases for LAC.
- Propose alternate supply sources and identify cost improvement opportunities as well as benchmarking costs
- Co-Own PPV, and budget setting with global category manager and Americas Direct Procurement Lead for Packaging and Raw Materials
- Assure time to market for innovation projects in LAC.
- Be the Point of Contact for OC projects: NPD, VE.
- Integrate Procurement requirements upfront in NPD projects
- Ensure Preferred/Strategic suppliers are involved and selected for NPD
- Guarantee precise price estimates at contract gate
- Contribution with Global Packaging for material development (Packaging categories).
- Operating Model and SLA definition and implementation with suppliers and local alignment with the internal customers (Supply chain team).
- Support Supply Chain team and Manufacturing for supply assurance for business continuity and cost efficiencies.
- Lead Quarterly Business reviews with relevant suppliers.
- Definition for BCP with suppliers to avoid issues in supply assurance (Direct Materials â€" Raw and Pack)
- Contract administration and generation according to Procurement Policy.
- Ensure all new potential suppliers are qualified through the VQP
- Ensure raw and packaging materials under scope are sustainably certified
- Optimize working capital through best practice and aligned with the supply chain team,
- Ensure all necessary contracts and award letters in place and signed in order to be fully compliant with the Global Procurement Policy
- Ensure all suppliers under scope have a sustainability program in place and are appropriately certified
- Ensure NO suppliers under scope are in conflict with Bacardi code of conduct
- Ensure all suppliers under scope are SEDEX members and fully audited according to a road map to be validated by the Americas Direct Procurement Lead.
- Ensure accurate pricing in SAP is maintained
- Ensure 90d EOM PT is enforced
- Coach and develop their direct report
- Develop and monitor action plan
Measures of success
- Successful implementation and governance of SIP for the country (Brazil)
- Budget is delivered or exceeded
- Projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Number of suppliers is reduced as per global target
- Annual added value (cost down, cost avoidance) through procurement, VE, Cost target, in line with targets
- All Packaging and Raw Suppliers that are locally negotiated at >90days end of Month payment terms
- 95% payment on time
- All contracts are fully compliant with internal policies and registered into a specific data base
- Demonstrated strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Deliver agreed value creation target
Critical experiences for success
- Education: Bachelor Degree for Engineering or Administration, MBA
- Languages: Fluent English
- Travel: Yes
Minimum 5 years of experience as Procurement Manager with regional expertise. Technical knowledge for packaging and raw materials. Used to work with multifunctional teams. Focused on strategy and effective negotiations.
CRITICAL EXPERIENCE FOR SUCCESS
- Budget Management
- Lotus Notes
- Negotiation Strategies
- Effective Communication
- Situational Leadership
- Logistics and Administration
- International Commerce
- Global information handling
- Results oriented
- Personal development
- Technical knowledge for related categories
- Effective Communication
- Change Management
- Stakeholder oriented
- Quality Oriented
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.