Job Description :
Key advisor to Safeway Category Managers in Northern California, Washington State, Hawaii and Reno providing thought leadership, category management excellence, leading schematic work across key divisions, advising regarding new items and how to optimize promotions for highest ROI.
- Manage overall category development team processes and ways of working to insure high quality of deliverables.
- Bring compelling, actionable insights, which will inspire customer to implement strategies to drive category growth on spirits and total beverage alcohol.
- Be the indispensable business advisor to Safeway on spirits, and partner with Safeway to lead the schematic process across the Southern California division. Collaborate with other vendor partners to insure executional excellence for Safeway.
- Partner with sales to develop actionable insights that will support category driving initiatives.
- Responsible for determining and closing customer opportunity gaps and volume potential to the category and for Diageo.
- Responsible for managing to the assigned T&E budget & direct reports
- Responsible for tracking volume impact based on Category Management initiatives: post event analysis, price management, distribution, & shelving
- Responsible for scorecard creation, measurement, & bench marking versus objectives
Complexity of Role
- Has a solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of grocery retailers; will help develop colleagues' understanding; may be recognized as the grocery channel expert.
- Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process); serves as category management team lead.
- The role requires a significant level of collaboration and the ability to influence decisions within the Sales Team(s) and occasionally at the Diageo corporate level.
- Deep understanding of category management practices and ways of working
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams - sales, customer marketing, finance
- Management Responsibility, leading a team of two direct reports as well as external relationships
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from Director.
- Customized Annual Account Business Plans - the Senior Category Manager must assume a leadership role and directly influence the development and activation of customer category plans and support sales team where appropriate in development of Diageo annual business plans.
- Strategic category direction provided to the Team(s), reflective of customer inputs
- Category roles, strategies, & tactics built around and aligned with customer
- Creation & maintenance of category scorecard with proactive action step recommendations ongoing
- Assembles and develops a high-performance team and conducts training for team members.
- Delivery of schematics for Safeway per assigned divisions.
- Delivery of recommended category promotional recommendations for key divisions.
- Ability to travel about 25% of time.
- Needs to live or relocate to Northern California market.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Category Management training with significant customer interface, including relevant software skills.
- Sales experience preferred within beverage alcohol or leading CPG.
- Prior people management experience.
- Demonstrated success in influencing and building relationships across businesses and functions and with customers.
- Demonstrated success in driving sales gains through application Category Management strategies and/or analytics
- Proven experience informing and influencing sales management through developed presentation skills
- Skilled in project management and leverages process to create efficient work streams
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :