Job Description :
Human Resources Business Partner - Commercial
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another.
The HR Function sits at the heart of this. As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to the Diageo Ireland Commercial business, which includes ROI On Trade, ROI Take Home Trade, Northern Ireland, Quality and Customer Marketing teams, enabling growth and performance through focussing on Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
You will play a key role in shaping and executing the organisational and people agenda; making sure we have the right structure, capabilities and talent for the future. You will do this through brilliant execution of our core people processes and interventions, focussing on creating the right environment for our teams to flourish. You will always look for opportunities for efficiencies or bigger outcomes across the HR function.
As an Ireland HR team, our culture is something we are proud of. We share a collective accountability for delivery of goals and we work together to deliver core streams of work and the big outcomes we want to deliver. We always have the honest conversation and this honesty drives real outcomes and growth. When we grow as individuals, the team grows. Most of all we value each other and collaborate brilliantly.
This role is accountable for key deliverables with specific metrics associated to each area:
- Deliver game changing talent planning and management.
- Build plans to drive optimum organisational effectiveness resulting in structures that are fit for purpose and future proof Diageo.
- Drive a diversity agenda using our core HR processes to deliver shifts that will enable business performance.
- Work with Business Leaders, line managers, Global Centres of Excellence, Finance teams and Shared Services to ensure we maximise value for the organisation and key organisational effectiveness metrics are delivering.
- Work with the HRD (and our partner teams) to support the joint responsibility to deliver the Organisation Effectiveness agenda - translating the business strategy into a strategy that delivers cost efficiencies, organisational effectiveness, determining and activating the right reinvestments. In doing so to drive the end to end change, pulling the levers of capability, process, WOW, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership, talent to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- With the team, jointly support the development and execution of the integrated talent and capability plan using internal and external analysis to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation today and tomorrow. A key focus is on growing diversity within our organisation - you must be passionate about this too!
- Partner with business stakeholders to build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an environment which is clear on performance management putting in rigour and consistency.
- Support the HRD in the transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement.
- Continue to look for simplification and standardisation opportunities in order to deliver the agility required for future business performance.
What are we looking for?
- We want someone who always looks for a better way of doing something - this might be from an external source or just a great idea.
- Ability to use "HR data", analysing to measure impacts, assess organization effectiveness plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
- Deep understanding of organisation design principles.
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change).
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level - black-belt coach- influencing, supporting and challenging.
- Excellent talent judgement - ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench.
- Highly commercial in their approach to enable exceptional business performance.
Characteristics for success:
- Consistently Deliver Great Performance - excels in a fast paced environment, owns the outcomes.
- Create Possibilities - imagines new ways of doing things, makes them happen.
- Grow Yourself - deep commitment to personal growth (and role modelling as such).
- Significant experience in a broad range of HR roles including operational roles which require technical/functional expertise and HR roles which have had a strategic role in the business.
- Experience of managing complex change project / programmes - including delivery within a unionised environment.
- Experience of being an active coach and contributor at leadership team level is essential.
- An authentic, inspirational leader that lives the leadership standard on a day-to-day basis.
Worker Type :
St James Gate
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :