About the role
In this role you will be accountable to create value in the on-trade channel for our company and their customers by building Bacardiâ€™s capability to create value in the spirits industry.
Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix and having intercultural flexibility working in 2 different markets. Your ability to work with local field sales teams, field managers and CPA, and influence without authority will be key to succeed.
- You will develop and deliver the insights to build on the on-trade category vision and strategy in order to win customers support for our growth plans, and unlock incremental value for Bacardi and the customer. You will lead and improve the Benelux BarTalk program.
- You will develop and coordinate the execution of our portfolio solutions and activations, such as driving premium in on-trade, capturing the mordern â€chicâ€™ dining opportunity, â€¦
- As part of the customer marketing team, you will set the basis for the Where to Play and How to Win category growth framework, ensuring it informs our channel strategies and plans trough the IAP process.
- As part of the European Customer Marketing team, you will be the reference for Europe for the Bartalk program. You will advocate the program, capture learnings in the different markets and look for scale in whatâ€™s working best.
In this role, you will primarily be based in the Belgium and Netherlands offices, where you will be working with multifunctional team colleagues. However, you will be part of the broader Category Development Community across the region and as such there might be some travel to other markets for the purposes of inspiration, input and alignment.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Drive the BarTalk program in the Benelux by being advocate of the strategy and being close to local teams to implement the program. Set clear targets an follow trough on execution.
- Improve our current way of working in BarTalk, looking into re-deploying existing tools, providing training and working closely together with Commercial Excellence to drive sales capability step up.
- Adapt and lead implementation in the Cluster of a Global Category Growth framework that embeds an occasion based approach which informs the â€where to playâ€ strategy and the â€how to winâ€ execution.
- Adapt and embed a category management process, trough a set of objective and insightful perspectives on category, range and space management that drive mutual growth for Bacardi and customers.
- Be the key reference in terms of category trends and evolution in on-trade channels, and use that insights to present back to the organization in order to fuel future growth plans
- Share, â€stealâ€™ and re-apply portfolio activation ideas and executions from other markets where relevant programs and plans exist
Develop talent and capability
- Build a learning organization by creating a â€share, steal and reapplyâ€ culture that systematically builds a database of best practices
- Show an entrepreneurial attitude by trying out new things, measuring impact, learning from our actions and share rapidly where we see good results.
- Provide Cluster teams with Category Development expertise and advise to enable an effective commercialization of category strategies and initiatives.
Create a winning team
- Carry out the Category Development vision and align the team behind challenging targets while creating a passion for winning
- Create a culture of excellence in execution that recognizes and rewards high performance
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Country Net Sales Value (NSV) targets vs. budget and NSV per case target ahead of plan
- Value share: Deliver target value share growth
- IAP scorecard: Deliver IAP (IPD) targets ensuring customer timelines are met
- Strategy: Full participation in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Cluster Commercial Strategy
- Employee Engagement: Achieve sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- Talent: deliver against target management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Master degree
- Experience in Customer Marketing (e.g. Purchaser/Shopper Marketing, Trade Marketing, Category
- Experience in on-trade account management and/or field sales
- Commercial skills gained trough hands-on commercial roles
- Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dynamics
- Proficiency in FR/N/E language skills
- Ability to communicate well with different levels of the organisation
- Excellent presentation skills with strong interpersonal leadership
- Organized and determined profile
The following experiences are preferred:
- Marketing experience
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
- Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dyanmics
- Good and effective communication and negotiation skills, proactive leadership and being a team player
- Ability to work cross-functionally and react quickly to a rapidly changing environment
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.