Job Description :
- Leads the development and day-to-day implementation of a proactive society communications strategy (ext'l and int'l, with supporting key assets) - that tells our story across our key Society pillars - including activation across all Diageo key channels (ext'l/int'l) as well as proactive pitching for content and coverage generation and reputation building). Primary focus on economic contribution, aligned to:
- Alcohol in Society
- Communities and Empowerment - e.g. multicultural, LS4L
- With a specific lens on AiS - works in partnership with the NAM alcohol in society policy director and global Society team, to identify and deliver against a calendar of campaign and engagement activity that shifts perception, educates and raises awareness - highlights programs, research, opportunity and educational activity
- Partners effectively with NAM brand teams, through calendar of activities and rigorous planning - to amplify brand work in the societal space - e.g. Purple Bag - both internally and externally and beyond NAM
- Develops, nurtures and maintains critical media and specialist stakeholder relationships - local, trades and society specialists - with a link to IARD and DISCUS and other key bodies, when required to make introductions and leverage skillset. Partners with government/state relations team on specific activities that change perception or policy in the space of society.
- Day to day business partner to Supply and Procurement, with a specific lens on our North America - inc Canada - sustainability agenda (plus supplier diversity) - including progress against target delivery, new achievements and launches, creation of factsheets and society data by site, amplification of key 'international days' - e.g. WWD.
- Working in collaboration with the Supply leadership team, Supply site leads and global Society team. Where required, providing expertise and counsel in
- Change, issues management, crisis communications and culture communications, guiding leaders to execute effectively
- Partners with external comms and employee engagement director as needed, and acts as SME when required
- Is a the 'go to' for the Supply LT when communication support is needed on specific projects - at site or NAM level - e.g. union matters, speaker platforms, media training
- Supports internal comms manager and employee engagement director on execution of NAM campaigns across matrixed supply organization - including counsel and advice on hourly worker engagement and channel execution
- Leads on M&E for Society - with a specific focus on proactive coverage result (print, digital, speaker platforms, best practice from peer organisations and shift in external perception
- As required, this individual will contribute to additional high priority global CR programmes (in any part of the CR function), in support of Diageo's performance ambition and our CR strategy. The ability to flex into other areas of communications and engagement is essential. Aware of, understands and can speak to main public policy issues affecting the company/industry.
- A progressive communications professional with a strong track record of performance building engagement and advocacy through effective external communications, stakeholder management and employee campaigns in a global, multi-national and/or multi-market environment.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in external and internal communications discipline
- Experience in strategy (and execution) of communications for key corporate social responsibility campaigns and activations
- Experience of providing counsel to cross functional teams and leaders
- Outstanding writing, exemplary project management and personal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of digital collaboration tools, integrated content platforms and integrated stakeholder communications.
- Ability to collaborate, lead and inspire, peers and stakeholders
- Must have strong experience of analysing and utilising data and insights to drive performance.
- Experience of crisis/issues management.
- Undergraduate degree preferable.
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :