Salcombe Distilling Company are seeking a passionate and experienced London Account Manager
Role: London Account Manager
Location: Home based
Territory: Central London
Position: Permanent, full-time
Are you looking to be a part of the next gin success story?
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Regional Account Manager with a branded background to join our amazing team at Salcombe Distilling Company.
As a rapidly growing brand we are looking for an individual to grow and support sales in London. This role will require you to be both a sales and brand manager with the ability to manage relationships and to be an educator; personifying the brand and bringing it to life.
You will be a self-starter and a natural ‘people person’ with relentless drive and integrity. You will have the same high standards, attention to detail and uncompromising approach as SDCo.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious, has an entrepreneurial attitude and wants to be a key part of our fast-growing luxury brand.
Who are we?
Salcombe Distilling Co. was formed in 2014 by our founders, Angus & Howard, with the sole purpose of creating one of the world’s finest gins in the stunning and iconic coastal town of Salcombe, Devon.
Salcombe Gin launched in Summer 2016 to critical acclaim and has since gained an enviable reputation amongst gin connoisseurs worldwide. In 2016 we opened our doors to the public at our purpose-built waterside distillery in Salcombe, which has since been named one of the top 10 best new distillery’s in the UK.
With listings in some of the finest restaurants and bars in the UK, together with a plethora of awards for our gin including; a Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and Three Stars at the Great Taste Awards, Salcombe Gin is recognised as one of the best gins in the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing direct and indirect sales across the On and Off Trade and building our brand presence in London.
The role will focus on the maintenance and promotion of our brand whilst growing existing business and generating new business. This will involve maximising both brand visibility and sales volumes in London by obtaining new back-bar and cocktail listings.
You will be working closely with our wholesale partners and driving the ROS of our products by building strong relationships with their sales teams and owning the end point relationship with trade customers.
The role is home based but it is expected that at least 80% of your time will be spent visiting customers and creating new business. There will be a requirement to support national accounts and SDC events outside of London.
This is a fantastic role for an exceptional candidate, to be part of a high performing and fast paced team.
• Generate new business in the on and off trade sector in London, regularly following up on sales leads.
• Manage relationships with existing trade and wholesale accounts.
• Implement a field sales and marketing plan.
• Identify, develop and support key accounts through creative sales initiatives and incentives.
• Log all activity on to a CRM and produce monthly reports on sales activity.
• Work diligently and passionately to achieve ambitious sales targets.
• Keep all accounts up to date on the latest developments with Salcombe Gin through regular customer visits and phone calls.
• Talk knowledgably and confidently about Salcombe Gin and the wider gin category in front of large groups of Salcombe Gin customers and their teams, both at our distillery in Salcombe and at their respective venues.
• Host training and tasting events for trade and consumers across the region.
• Provide sampling and act as a Brand Ambassador at off trade retailers and events. This will include some evening and weekend work.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience
• Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in on or off trade sales within the drinks sector.
• Have good existing relationships with trade accounts in London.
• Have experience working with national and regional wholesalers.
• Be able to develop and execute a sales and marketing plan.
• Set up sales initiatives and implement retro deals with individual accounts.
• Have strong knowledge of the gin category and the spirits sector.
• Be a natural educator who feels confident speaking in front of groups of Salcombe Gin Customers.
• Be rigorously organised with an ability to work off your own initiative
• Be experienced at working on a CRM system.
• Have proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Be entrepreneurial, confident with the natural ability to sell in a consultative manner.
• Have a flexible and proactive approach
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience
• WSET qualification.
• Bartending and cocktail crafting experience.
• An interest in gastronomy.
• Proficient use of social media.
• Full, clean UK driving license.
Remuneration: Competitive salary (dependent on experience) + performance related bonus + company laptop
Home Location: Candidates need to be based inside of the M25 with good access to the London transport network.
How to apply: Please send your CV together with cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include the following in your cover letter:
• Why you think you’d be a great fit for our growing team
• An interesting fact about yourself
• An interesting fact about Salcombe Gin
• Salary history and requirements
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note, due to the high volume of expected applications we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applications close: 28th Feb 2019