About the role
Job Title: Director, Cultural & Incubation Insights
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posting Date: 4 February 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 3 March 2019
We have been built on the enduring legacy of a family. Ours is a vibrant, family-owned spirits company, nurtured by seven generations of the Bacardi family. We are now the fourth-largest international spirits company in the world, as well as the worldâ€™s largest, privately held spirits company. Bacardi was founded in 1862 in Santiago de Cuba, when Don Facundo BacardÃ MassÃ³ revolutionized the spirits industry by creating the worldâ€™s first light-bodied rum.
About the Role:
As the Cultural and Innovation Insights Director, you will be accountable for delivering the Cultural and Innovation Insights agenda in support of the Global Brand and Insight and Performance teams in order to drive more effective marketing and commercial planning, support asset creation and ultimately to deliver value creation for the company. You will be accountable for the agreed research plan and delivering insights to Leadership Teams that will shape decisions relating to areas such as brand strategy, asset creation, and customer activation. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, and influence and coach a diverse team will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix.
You will ensure that research learning and identified cultural and consumer insights about the brand from all markets are shared and leveraged across the organization.
You will model and inspire cultural and consumer insight teams and act as strategic thought partners to the business and marketing to ensure the objective voice of the consumer as cultural maven and product purchaser is considered in every business discussion and decision.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Accountable for driving Cultural and Innovation Insight agenda, presenting to Insights, global brand teams and senior leadership on regular basis
- Leads a robust situation assessment of cultural and relevant innovation trends and implications for the Brand in all major markets as input into the annual integrated activity planning process
- Participates in an annual review of the Core Consumer Insight and KBB for Global Brands, Innovation and Incubation teams
- Ensures that the consumer and customer programs and assets are informed by the most current and relevant Customer and Commercial Insights in collaboration with global brand, creative excellence and insights and performance teams
- Accountable for managing brand research spend to deliver targeted savings and overseeing an efficient research budget
- Orchestrates effective matrix working within and between Insight and Marketing teams
- Aligns all Insights employees behind the annual research plan & creates a passion for winning
- Ensures that the resources and assets needed to deliver desired results are provided to the Insights teams
- Have knowledge and mastery of brand heritage and intrinsics
Measures of success
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Marketing
- Must have previous experience in the digital sector
- Previous experience in emerging markets is essential
- Previous spirits industry experience is a must have
- Willing to adapt, learn and work in ambiguity
- Experience conducting research projects
- Proven strategic planning experience
- Experience in a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods and ability to apply them appropriately to business issues; highly skilled in the synthesis of data and understanding from multiple data sources in order to distill it down into tangible and meaningful insight
- Fluent Command in English + 1 other language, preferably Russian
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.