About the role
Casa Bacardi Brand Home is located in Sitges, the birthplace of D. Facundo Bacardi Massó. The village of Sitges is located 35km. south of Barcelona. The Brand Home is in the historic Mercat Vell (old market) a modernist building constructed in 1890 by the architect Gaieta Buigas, in the old city center of Sitges next to the City Council Building.
Casa Bacardi offers the visitors the experience of delving inside the history of Sitges and its relationship with the Bacardi Family, as well as learning about the rum making process, at the end of the tour, visitors have the chance to learn how to make their own Original Bacardi Cocktail, with a professional Barmen.
Casa Bacardi delivers Brand training to Trade Advocacy groups and offer Bacardi experiences to Consumer. The venue host also PR events. 140.000 visitors came to Casa Bacardi since 2010
The Brand Home Manager will provide leadership to drive future business and add customer value to Casa Bacardi Sitges. Helping to grow the brand globally through leveraging advocacy and driving purchasing habits of visitors. The purpose of the role is to oversee the operation of a customer facing information and retail service business. Key interaction will be required with the necessary partners to support and develop new initiatives, whilst also actively influencing positive business decisions for Bacardi.
The role will be responsible for the development of close relationships with local and global teams. Directly responsible for setting up all site income streams, their future strategy and driving the on-site team to deliver this - while keeping the brand team informed.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Have a fundamental understanding of the key importance of excellence in customer experience and hospitality
Oversee daily visitor centre operations team, including all aspects of visit (experiential, operational, retail, bar, events and supporting IT systems
Ensure the visitor centre maintains the highest standards befitting the brand daily
Understand and work within the internal business visitor VIP and deliver the business requirement of global brand education programmes and events within Bacardi
Positively Contribute to all PR/press platforms and provide the brand/markets with updates from the Visitor Center and help the brand leverage Casa Bacardi Sitges at the heart of global marketing campaign, constantly monitoring ROI of the Visitor Center and 'the reason for being'.
Incorporate suitable technologies as part of the experience
Leadership & Management
Set Objectives & Plan to lead staff to deliver an engaging visitor experience based on an understanding of the key audiences that visit Casa Bacardi Sitges now and in the future, and develop a deep affinity with the brand home in them.
Lead, motivate and drive the whole visitor centre team, and set a plan for wider team, within the site management team overall.
Ensure business expectations of staff are clear, with clear reporting lines and open communication between all.
Take responsibility for staff recruitment and to carry out staff timely performance appraisals.
Encourage the personal development of staff and ensure staff training needs are identified and provided for.
Promotion/Marketing management and commercial creativity
Market and promote the visitor centre to achieve the yearly agreed budget (and maintain financial health)
Look for new commercial opportunities to expand the bottom line
Market the visitor to strategically drive business & revenue, e.g. Trip Advisor, Expedia etc.
Liaise with the local community on charity and event sponsorship/engagement, leveraging all opportunities, and maintaining a positive working relationship with them.
Fiscal management of operating budget, including tracking and monitoring and reporting to the business as required.
Responsible for the operation of effective cost control measures to ensure the maximum profitability from all sources of income - Bar, shop, events, ticket sales etc.
Deliver budget reviews & communicate programmes on increasing revenue to the team
- Pitch for CAPEX for such projects, and see them from start to finish with suitable ROI.
Compliance and Protection
- Ensure that Casa Bacardi Sitges complies with all corporate governance and EHS licensing legislation
- Ensure the visitor centre operates within internal Bacardi guidelines and H & S systems/protocol
- Oversee, and act as Designated Premises Supervisor for all alcohol sales and sampling, adhering to all legal recommendations by the local authority and upholding Bacardi's strong stance to the responsible consumption of alcohol
- Have a fundamental understanding, and interest in the production process and wider business operations, with the ability to speak with confidence on the subject
- Be familiar with visitor centres' globally (all sectors) and tactics/technology they employ - know the field
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal and communication skills, comfort in presenting to large groups on a regular basis, and prepared to represent the business at the highest levels externally with full media sign off
Be a brand and production expert and prepared to develop and set a level of training standards for staff
Develop various levels of consumer and trade "brand life" experiences - test and learn
Use data to provide brand feedback - innovation, messaging etc.
Be able to confidently host and where needed, communicate all aspects of production, mixology & brand intrinsics, to all levels and audiences either for an hour or four-day experience.
Build/maintain relationships with style hotels, bars and restaurants to ensure premium services on site and in 3rd parties, cost minimization and brand exposure for visitor
Work as an ambassador for Bacardi at all times, accurately representing the brand
Prepare Annual Budget and send monthly updates to Global Brand Homes
Provide regular status reports and updates on all activity including HR, H&S, and Operations including internal and external systems
Keeping up to date of current market/competitor trends (requiring time in the field)
Along with the service guidelines of the brand, this Bacardi appointment will run Casa Bacardi business as it was their own.
The Brand Home Manager should also be capable of great relationship building and maintaining, in a global FMCG corporate environment.
Ultimately mature and experienced enough to understand the responsibility of overseeing and hosting key
Measures of success
Measures of Success
Critical experiences for success
The following experiences are essential:
- Welcoming, affable and yet impressively sharp character who represents a welcoming personality of the brand. Emulate the Bacardi brand through a strong sense of personal style and character
- Start-up / self-managed - experience to be a self-starter and apply national and company standards to a unique experiential offering
- Fluent in Spanish and English - other languages are desirable, Catalan and French. Previous general management experience in private experiences / Branded hosting houses / Hotel / Bar / Leisure / Tourism / Retail experiences.
- Experience Formulated from a bar / restaurant background - ideally with extensive cocktail knowledge
- Able to work alone or in a small team / community to deliver excellent 5* results in a challenging atmosphere.
- Natural charisma and gravitas
- Be able to act as an ambassador for Casa Bacardi for welcoming and hosting groups.
- Knowledge of the spirits industry, experiential marketing, Marketing qualifications to degree level.
- Cocktail mixologist / Sommelier - Drinks platform is a distinct advantage.
- Retail experience
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.