Job Description :
External job posting
Reports into GB Customer Marketing, the department at the heart of our commercial business that ensures our sales teams have all the insight, growth drivers and tools they need to deliver fantastic performance. This role is responsible for our £126m NSV Beer and RTD portfolio across Total Off Trade, both Grocery and I&W.
Key accountabilities are: commercialising the marketing plans to enable the sales team to deliver amazing outcomes for the customer, category and Diageo.
Forming a strong team with the Beer CP&A Exec, this role owns: the commercial activity plan that allows us to beat AOP and manage business performance in flight; makes necessary interventions to keep us on track via pricing, promotions and effective trade investment management; through brilliant insight delivers outstanding consumer and customer activation that accelerates growth and maximise ROI.
Key outcomes & responsibilities:
1. Channel Planning and Execution
- Build a brand P&L and Commercial activity plan as part of the annual IBP process
- Deliver an 18 month Channel activation plan that inspires and excites our customers working closely with Europe, Sales and the CMO team to deliver the best outcome.
- Bring this to life for the sales team in a compelling and detail-rich way twice a year at sales deployment
- Create compelling customer propositions to take intiiatives to customers
- Be the face of our brands to customers (as needed), selling a through-the-line plan that is tailored to their needs and rooted in brilliant execution
- Take full responsibility for the categories within your remit, monitoring Brand performance, working with the Sales teams to develop opportunities and implement them, and course correcting in flight
- Ensure our A&P and Trade Investment is used efficiently within budget, driving the right ROI, via rigorous M&E
- Consolidate and share in-country best practice and lessons learned
- Utilise the NRM levers of price, promotion, pack, TI and mix to optimise the P&L and work within the defined guardrails to drive overall revenue. Actions include:
- Monitoring pricing execution
- Identifying promo opportunities based on M&E analyses
- Providing (analytical) support to sales function in activity & TI decisions and calendar optimization
- Creating transparency on current trade investment health, including true conditionality and compliance
- Ensure compliance to pricing policies and seek necessary approvals for any exceptions
- Drive capability and understanding of NRM and price / mix
What would you need to demonstrate in order to be successful in this role?
- Evidence of brilliant customer management with demonstrable examples of balanced and effective investment decisions and ROI leading activitynb.
- High level of commercial curiosity and desire to continually improve capability, both of self and of Diageo
- Has the strategic aptitude to think differently about Commercial Challenges and find outcomes that deliver for Diageo, our customers, their customers, and consumers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to manage complex data and come to clear recommendations
- Ability to build strong working relationships, communicate effective and able to interact with / influence individuals at levels senior to him or her
Worker Type :
Park Royal 7HQ
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :