Job Description :
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere
As Inventory Management Co-ordinator you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all stock is warehoused in the most efficient and cost effective manner - managing inventory levels and challenging the planning teams as appropriate.
- Building relationships with 3PL warehousing teams and ensuring Diageo standards are adopted, implemented and maintained.
- Ensuring that issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Driving performance through awareness of KPIs, process improvement and maximising overall network efficiencies
- They will be expected to deliver efficiencies by ensuring that unnecessary movement of stock is avoided and be able demonstrate achievements in this area.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to undertake training in warehouse planning, inventory control, imports management and stock management aspects of the role.
- Build breath and a basic understanding of the various roles carried out by each individual in the T&W team.
- Active management of the capacity requirements for warehousing, focusing on current and forward view plans with both production planning and demand colleagues. Flagging up to manager and on occasions finance when issues requiring external capacity are identified.
- Support the daily review of production and intersite despatch plans with sites and update stock movement and warehousing decisions as required. Work with site planning and despatch teams to maximise opportunities for direct despatch of product to market.
- Demonstrate to site management teams the cost and impact of warehousing and logistics decisions.
- Provide management reporting to demonstrate control and compliance in cased stock management.
- Work closely with 3PLs to ensure that adequate and robust stock management processes are in place.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a logistics focus.
- Two years' experience within a logistics and warehousing function, preferably with an in depth knowledge of Diageo's processes and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and excel packages.
- Good analytical skills and ability to plan effectively both in terms of own workload and warehouse capacity.
- Flexibility around work tasks and timescales.
- Sound awareness of HMRC legislation and CARM
Don't put blockers in your way - if there is anything you would like to discuss about the role get in touch. Flexibility is key to success.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :