About the role
As the National Whiskey Guardian, you will be accountable for delivering brand performance acting in a leadership capacity for guardian program. You will serve as a mentor, spokesperson and brand champion, collaborating on Whiskey Guardian (WG) and Event management activities. A candidate for the position should be an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with a considerable social media presence and a medium to large sized network. He or she must possess a high degree of passion for Angelâ€™s Envy and must currently or previously held a Whiskey Guardian role.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- You will be Angelâ€™s Envy spokesperson supplementing the Henderson family at events across the country.
- You will provide input for event execution and implementation of all consumer-facing elements to support building WG and events programming. This interaction is with TTL and BTL brand team members.
- You will play a critical role in relaying and identifying market trends to build new relevant advocacy and programming initiatives with the brand and field teams.
- You will report to the Field Marketing Director with advisory role duties for Marketing Director.
- You will manage an A&P budget for your programs and travel as assigned to you by the Field Marketing Director.
- Support the in-market on boarding and training of new WGs in conjunction with LWG
- Working with RMMs and LWGs to bolster a culture of support and development, and act as a mentor to all Whiskey Guardians.
- Work with the marketing team to create and implement relevant and impactful career development opportunities for the Whiskey Guardian program.
- Develop and implement executional standards for Whiskey Guardian activations.
- You will manage integration of Brand content into Event programs, specifically the Whiskey Guardian program.
- You will provide timely updates to Event Marketing calendar to insure accuracy.
- You will work with all Marketing Partners (Brand Home/Field/Henderson Family/Brand) to ensure we measure and evaluate the performance of all Event related activities to optimize A&P spend.
- Work with brand team to manage both the internal and external agency relationships for the Brand within the Event disciplines to include cross-functional collaboration with company specialists (Local PR) and other agencies.
- This role is virtual and will require extensive and frequent travel to handle event execution as necessary. Actively consult on the situation assessment for the Brand, partnering with marketing partners develop learnings on triggers and barriers to Brand growth related to more effective activation
Measures of success
- Instill the WG program with a high performing and highly rewarding culture focused on execution, development, and integrity.
- Achieve Brand/ Category financial and commercial targets in market (revenue, profitability, share)
- Drive improved Brand health in market (e.g. awareness, penetration, engagement)
- Deliver on measures of social currency for your Brand in market (event social media buzz)
- Build curriculum for Whiskey Guardian development opportunities
- Ensure adherence to brand visual identity at all times
- Ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place on over 80% of Brand activity in market
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- 2-4 yearsâ€™ experience leading different Marketing projects; with a strong emphasis on Event, Promotion and Experiential disciplines
- Event management and/or agency experience desired
- Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
- Fluent command in English
The following experiences are preferred:
- Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Passion for the always on world of social channels and digital to develop impactful Brand stories
- Curiosity to understand analytics for continuous improvement: comprehension of how to use available data to develop initiatives to grow the brand. Nielson experience a plus
- Desire to build and effectively grow Brands with passion and Entrepreneurial spirit
- Remains abreast of legal regulations in the industry
- Ethical Practice: Experienced
- Insights for Action: Experienced
- Strategy and Brand: Experienced
- Commercial Activation: Experienced
- Brand Ideas and Connections: Experienced
- Agency Partnership: Experience
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Louisville Distilling Company in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.