Job Description :
- Willingness to learn all operating tasks as defined by the Training Program
- Assist with education and training of permanent and/or temporary replacements.
- Operators can function in any processing / maturing area.
- Knowledge of the various products to be barreled and processed.
- Processing Team Members complete applicable SAP transactions for ingredient and bulk liquid moves throughout the system including unloading/receiving, process orders, inventories and shipments.
- Inspect, open, approve and unload containers of bulk products.
- Proof, gauge, and record receipt of incoming containers.
- Knowledge of hydrostatic tank gauges (HTG) to maintain these inventories. Determining tank volumes in scale and volumetric tanks.
- Filtration of various products as needed. Empty filters and clean as necessary.
- Manage logs as required by MDE (Maryland Department of Environment) and TTB (Tax and Trade Bureau).
- Addition of ingredients to various products either by hand or automated systems in compliance with company formulas.
- Initiating and completing records of bulk tanks, ingredients and barrel inventories for cycle counts.
- Perform In-Process QA Checks including proof, color and clarity. Pull and test QA Samples in Quality Lab for final approval.
- Compliance with Spill Prevention and Escalation Procedure.
- Unload empty barrels manually or by use of mechanical equipment to barrel filling line.
- Fill and empty barrels of product utilizing lances and electronic controls.
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Ability to support barrel warehousing activities including stacking full barrel pallets 4 high.
- Participate with the site safety team and SIRC program.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and work with co-workers in a team based environment to achieve production goals.
- Support programs to prevent accidents, prevent spills, eliminate waste in production, recycle, improve production, conserve materials and supplies, improve quality, demonstrate good manufacturing practice, and uphold Diageo values, code of conduct, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members especially during high risk operations such as movement of barrels.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in the work area.
- Update MMS boards where necessary.
- Perform other work as deemed as necessary by management.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An engaged individual who is willing to work as a team in all areas of the Processing Department. Candidates must exhibit a continuous improvement mind set and behaviours, and must also demonstrate behaviours of professionalism, teamwork and leadership. Minimum Requirements:
- Forklift safety and certification or experience in the operation of a powered industrial truck.
- Able to distinguish the difference in numeric and alphabetic sequences.
- Material handing experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel - Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :