Job Description :
Manufacturing Excellence LeadCamLe (Cameronbridge & Leven) | Permanent
Are you a Six Sigma practitioner with training experience who is passionate about making a difference and driving real change to improve performance? Then this could be the role for you...
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing's changed. We're the world's leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It's why we trust them with our legacy. And it's why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Scotland is the headquarters of our International Supply Centre (ISC) and home of Diageo's diverse range of Scotch whiskies. With the growth trajectory for Scotch looking strong, Diageo has announced plans to invest over £1 billion in Scotch whisky production over the next five years to meet growing global demand for our brands. The investment will see a major new malt distillery built expansion of existing distilleries and substantial new warehousing capacity will be developed. There are eight main warehousing sites, housing our maturing stocks of Scotch whisky, supported by a state of the art cooperage opened in 2011 and coppersmiths.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
Forging an exciting future is everything to us at Diageo. Our people thrive at the cutting edge, taking risks and experimenting to grow our iconic brands. At heart, we're a learning culture that is restless to win with our customers and consumers.
- Support Operation teams to drive an integrated approach to continuous improvement via the embedding of MMS at department level. Working with operational teams to improve site performance by facilitating improvement in performance, standards and capability through the MMS change journey and delivering breakthrough performance improvements.
- Support delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
- Facilitate and coach MMS improvement projects
- Provide MMS subject matter expertise, offering coaching and guidance to Tiers 1 & 2
- Role model good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment)
- Advocate asset care agenda
- High level of enthusiasm and energy to drive change program
- Provide guidance and support to the ITF for effective and aligned implementation of MMS
- Actively promote and drive the implementation of MMS within department and across site
- Closely monitor and report performance and practice progress within department
- Ensures the MMS platform is optimised to support and assess the change process
- Ensure all global standards are implemented in department as applicable
- Share best practice and leverage opportunities for improvement across other sites as well as establishing understanding of how the site benchmarks with other leading Diageo sites and the external business environment.
- Ensure everyone in department understands what manufacturing excellence means, is engaged in MMS and is playing their part in delivering a world class production operation.
- Ensure that any improvements implemented are standardised and sustained within operations teams.
- Supports loss & waste assessment and problem solving activities
- Participate in and lead as required improvement projects using the DMAIC methodology.
- Interact with operations teams, site support teams and central teams.
- Supports internal trainers in the coordination and effective delivery of MMS training.
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to provide expert analysis of performance improvement opportunities
- Support the Task Forces and Shift Based teams in their deployment of MMS through their regular meetings and their communication of activities.
Flexibility is vital to the success of our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours and flexible locations etc. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don't let anything stop you from applying.
Brands like Guinness and Johnnie Walker were created by the leading entrepreneurs of their age. And their spirit is alive in our business every single day and you'll see this nowhere better than in our Supply business. Here you won't just stand on the shoulders of giants. You'll take what they created and make it even better for those who come after you. It's a career-defining responsibility.
We're looking for people with character: driven, resilient and open-minded. You'll be commercially astute, target driven and flexible - as our work can change quickly. You'll also be ready to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business. Are you a natural born leader? We certainly hope so. This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to further develop your leadership and functional skills within a varied and demanding live operational setting and can be a springboard into a range of other exciting roles across our Supply Chain business.
- Advanced formal training or further education or qualified through experience
- NEBOSH qualification
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging)
- At least 3 years' experience in a process environment with a proven track record in managing people and or small teams, projects and cross functional team working
- Knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques such as 5S, set up time reduction, Lean Six Sigma, reliability centred maintenance.
- Knowledge of planning processes and optimising demand cycles.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience and experience of coaching, training and influencing a range of stakeholders for success
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Improvement methodologies (DMAIC, PDCA, RCPS, SPC)
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse extensive data sources to identify waste and cost saving opportunities, e.g. Informance, SAP
- Track record of great engagement and communication skills
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages
Check out our video on our company culture to find out more about who we are: https://youtu.be/4CUumWMiPkI
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :