Leads and develops a center of excellence for the USA & Canada region providing consumer and shopper thought leadership across the organization that drive business results. Leverages a variety of research tools and techniques that enable brands and business partners to answer critical questions that will shape strategy. Serves as a resource in developing consumer, portfolio, and channel segmentation strategies.
- Leads and develops a team of Consumer and Shopper Insights Managers into a "best in class" organization
- Actively contributes to the development of the region's short and long term business strategies
- Serves as strategic thought partner to marketing director and USA & Canada leadership team
- Champions consumer insights that unlock brand growth across the portfolio
- Ensures that shopper and consumer insights are integrated into brand planning initiatives
- Channels consumer and shopper insights to the departments and regions where they may be best utilized
- Provides information from a range of sources to share consumer, shopper, and market trends; brand and customer strategies that help drive successful brand building plans and programs
- Develops/Maintains strong understanding of Brown-Forman Growth Framework (inspired by Ehrenberg Bass Institute's How Brands Grow) and its application to the development of the portfolio in the region
- Lead's the region's development of robust shopper and consumer insight research to position Brown-Forman as a strategic partner with key national retail customers
- Maintains understanding of region's route to consumer, provides leadership in driving consumer and shopper insights that inform field marketing initiatives and the successful implementation of commercial KPI's
- Serves as a Marketing Capability Champion that in coordination with HR, People & Organizational Development, and the MLT helps improve the capability of the region's marketing organization
- Actively leads a communication strategy that ensures relevant dashboards, scorecards, and publications are reaching the appropriate decision makers in a timely fashion
- Assists in communications briefings, and other strategic projects upon request
- An MBA (emphasis in marketing or marketing research) or a Masters degree in psychology, sociology, advertising research, or other related fields plus ten or more years of experience at a consumer packaged goods company (or potentially mixed with experience with an advertising agency or marketing research supplier); or Bachelor's degree plus fifteen or more years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and external partners. Ability to use facts and insights to be a champion of ideas and business decisions, while leveraging intuition and exercising flexibility to adapt to changing environments and business requirements
- Dedication and drive - a commitment to excellence and willingness to respond to changing requests or priorities; A genuine orientation toward meeting commitments and persistence in overcoming obstacles to accomplish objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills - outstanding listening skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, Creative ability to present findings and insights in clear, interesting and persuasive ways that make it easy for stakeholders to understand and act upon
- Intellectual curiosity - openness and ability to challenge the status-quo and help foster a culture of test & learn in the European region to drive growth
- Beverage Alcohol Industry Experience preferred
- Experience in successfully building, developing, and leading a team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and marketing research applications. Demonstrated ability to synthesize diverse sets of data and information and translate into genuine insights to unlock growth
- Thorough experience in implementing and managing both qualitative and quantitative research projects across a range of marketing requirements (e.g. new product evaluation; packaging, concept and product testing; tracking studies; sales research; advertising/copy testing; price sensitivity; forecasting, etc.).
- Technical and statistical skills normally associated with the above listed marketing research activities
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, to design, scope, and estimate resources and timing for complex, often multi-phased research projects.
- Demonstrated analytical and interpretative ability
- Proficiency with PCs and common software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint , industry-related analytics tools)
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.