The Food Services Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the Bourbon Street Café, Catering, outsourced Brown-Forman Cafeteria, and the B-F Corporate Headquarters Vending and Coffee Service. The Food Services Manager identifies and anticipates needs and responds proactively to changes in the planned event. The Food Services Manager ensures employees and guests enjoy a world class experience, and are made to feel welcome.
- Directs overall operation of Bourbon Street Café, Catering, and their respective teams
- Accountable for the Bourbon Street Cafe guest experience
- Manage the experienced dining room and kitchen staff by encouraging teamwork and collaboration
- Collaborates with Executive Chef for menu planning as needed
- Manage the scheduling of employees for the Bourbon Street Café and Catering which includes permanent and temporary employees
- Coaches Bourbon Street Café and Catering employees on B-F culture and systems
- Manages the daily activities of Bourbon Street Café including reservations and requests for private dining rooms
- Manages Food Service Solution for production environment
- Manages Corporate Headquarters vending, tea, and coffee services
- Manages B-F cafeteria vendor and negotiates contracts as needed
- Maintains all physical inventory, supplies, bar stock, etc. and reconciles monthly
- Manages Bourbon Street Café financial activity including invoice processing, credit cards and Petty cash account, checkbook ledger, and cash handling
- Collaborates with the Event Planner for Corporate Headquarters to manage Bourbon Street Café catered special events at Corporate Headquarters, as well as occasional off site Executive events
- Prepares food and beverage goals and oversees the preparation of annual financial budget and monitors actual results to achieve these goals throughout the year (cost controls, labor management, revenue generating programs, etc.)
- Ensure strong promotional emphasis on B-F Brands
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience of fine dining food and beverage operations, etiquette, guest relations, and high quality service standards.
- Flexibility in scheduling and ability to consistently work non-traditional hours.
- Experience in Corporate Dining
- Experience in Catering/Event Planning
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with significant customer service experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks/events
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all staff levels (both internally and externally)
- Takes initiative-champions business plan
- Does not wait for direction from upper management
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to drive creativity, service, and innovation
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.