This is a temporary position that will last approximately 6 months.
The Temporary Global Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for performing Account Payable duties including processing high volumes of invoices for payment into the company's A/P system, fielding requests from internal and external customers and resolving all issues and discrepancies. This role works with Strategic Sourcing and Production, to resolve differences between purchase orders and invoices related to price and quantity discrepancies.
EFFECTIVELY PERFORM DAILY ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FUNCTION FOR DESIGNATED BUSINESS AREAS MANAGED IN LOUISVILLE.
- Process PO and Non-PO invoices through the invoice processing and SAP Systems.
- Research, analyze, and resolve vendor and customer issues in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Manage the global workflow of invoices to buyers and approvers. Interact where needed to efficiently accumulate General Ledger Coding, Authorizations and other information to facilitate timely and accurate payments.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of international business practices, including currencies, basic tax laws governing those taxing bodies serviced by our department and local customs. Work with other departments at B-F where needed in support of this function.
- Review and analysis of processing issues and end-to-end impacts to determine root cause
- Manage exception queue and ensure issues are resolved timely and accurately.
- Maintain professional and effective communication with internal and external customers in a timely and persistent manner using superior customer service skills.
- Ensure that all invoices are processed timely and accurately with appropriate documentation and approvals
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Perform other duties as assigned
B. TRAIN AP STAFF AND END USERS
- Responsible for training end users and peers on invoice processing procedures
- Cross- train with AP team members
- Maintain and update AP documentation and training materials.
C. BACK UP AND SUPPORT SR GLOBAL PAYMENT ANALYST POSITION
- Maintain Vendor Master Bank information tables in SAP and coordinate any necessary support with the Treasury or Strategic sourcing departments.
- This includes receiving all banking from both employees and outside vendors and entering in SAP.
- Main a close relationship with the Treasury department to coordinate new bank setups and confirmations, as well as any returned payments.
- Generate Domestic (ACH transfers, wires, drafts, checks) and International (same but no checks) payments; perform related audits; deliver any required reporting; and troubleshoot/resolve exceptions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate all necessary steps/transactions relating to voided checks, stop-pays, check re-issues and check copies in SAP and 3rd party vendor systems in a timely and accurate manner.
D. LEVERAGE SYSTEM SKILLS TO FURTHER DEPARTMENTAL EFFICIENCIES
- Plan and implement Accounts Payable process improvements to strengthen controls, maximize system resources and improve efficiency and productivity. Develop and maintain SAP and Invoice Processing system skills to act as an Accounts Payable SME (subject matter expert).
- Support other global AP satellite processing centers in current AP methods and system techniques in both the Invoice Processing system and SAP.
- Test upgrades and enhancements applied to the invoice processing and SAP accounts payable system
- Utilize technology to retrieve, display, input, gather, produce and analyze transactional data in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data and ensure information is provided to authorized individuals only.
- Provide leadership and/or subject matter expertise for initiatives which impact accounts payable processes.
- Demonstrate the initiative to drive change and influence others across the organization in support of the company's goals and objectives.
- Actively participates in accounts payable projects in the Business Transactions Group and foster a client-focused environment which supports internal and external customers. F. PERFORM AP ANALYSIS/REPORTING (ACCOUNT RECONS)
- Reconciliation and analysis of A/P, Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt and other general ledger accounts as assigned in SAP
- Generate and distribute monthly and Ad hoc invoice reports
- Perform year end activities such as assistance in coordinating accounts payable year end close schedules, as well as providing open invoice reports to accounting department.
- Provide unrecorded liability and unpaid invoice reports to external audit team
- Plan and implement Accounts Payable process improvements to strengthen controls maximize system resources and improve efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain documentation of processes and procedures to ensure updates are made when necessary and proper accounting procedures and controls are being utilized.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration
- 4-6 years' experience in an automated ERP Accounts Payable environment, preferably SAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills and an ability to develop/maintain effective work relationships with customers at all levels and with other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience working with international currencies, taxes, and business processes including determining resolutions to issues, errors, etc.
- High energy level and ability to work independently, and multi-task effectively in a service organization.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (accounting, ERP Software and standard industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution
- Demonstrate an open and collaborative leadership style that encourages teamwork and cooperation while providing feedback, support, and guidance
- Experience in a paperless invoice processing "workflow" environment
- Manufacturing Operations Accounts Payable experience
- CAPP Certification SAP and/ or Coupa experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.