Job Title : Public Affairs Internship
Duration: 3 - 6 months placement
Function: Heineken UK Corporate Affairs
Location: London, Great Titchfield Street
Salary: London Living Wage £10.55 per hour
WHY FIT IN, WHEN YOU CAN STAND OUT?
We're proud to be the UK's leading Pub, Cider and Beer Company. With over 2,400 colleagues employed across the UK, we offer fantastic opportunities for people with talent and drive. From brewing to sales and marketing, from logistics to finance, IT and HR - there's much more to our business than you might imagine.
Our unrivalled portfolio of brands includes Foster's, Strongbow, John Smith's, Bulmers, Birra Moretti, Desperados and of course the world-renowned Heineken® and, with 2700 pubs, we are one of the UK's leading leased pub businesses and a passionate supporter of the great British pub.
We've ambitious goals and we know it's the expertise and enthusiasm of our people that fuels our growth. Right now we're looking for a Public Affairs Internship to join Heineken UK Corporate Affairs Team.
What you'll do:
As part of the HEINEKEN UK Corporate Affairs team, you will be responsible for driving our outreach programme with political stakeholders. The chosen candidate will work with our public affairs manager to ensure the successful delivery of this, focussing on:
- Organising meetings and facilitating visits for MPs to our pubs across the UK
- Developing and preparing briefs for our operations teams to host the visits, supporting their capability and understanding of the political environment
- Working with our press office to deliver local media around the MP visits in conjunction with the MP's office
- Ensuring alignment of content across internal and external channels, working with our digital and channels managers
- Managing and recording communications with parliamentarians and other political influencers
- Supporting an outreach programme at Holyrood
- Wider support as required to the HEINEKEN UK corporate affairs team
What we are looking for in you:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is looking for an early opportunity in their public affairs career. You will have a keen interest in politics and be looking to gain an insight into working in a business environment. The internship will provide the successful candidate with an understanding of research, campaigning and public affairs techniques. You will have an ability to demonstrate a strong interest and some experience in politics and public affairs - possibly working within Parliament. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to help support other functions of the corporate affairs team.
Apply today with your most up to date CV and a Covering Letter.
If this sounds like a journey you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing date: 28th February 2019
Job Segment: Intern, Public Policy, Entry Level, Government, Research