Job Description :
Diageo is where you'll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you're based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment
We're proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we're helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Closing Date 27th of February
We are building a world class ISC planning organisation, based on standardised processes and ways of working, which will enable;
- ISC to lead the planning arena, employing best practice in planning approaches to support delivery of the Diageo performance ambition
- Optimised supply chain leadership, decision making and support to manufacturing operations, procurement and spirit supply across ISC
- A single ISC management and reporting structure, with overall ownership of volume for shipment, production and inventory
- A consistent ISC face to Diageo 25 markets
This specific role of the Material Scheduling Team Leader is to lead, coach and manage a team of Material Schedulers, maintaining close relationships to the site operations teams to ensure an optimised material and scheduled plan is in place for agreed horizon.
Top Accountabilities as Team Leader
- To ensure continuity of supply of dry goods (via short term material call off process), into the Bottling site. Taking full ownership of the short term planning weekly material supply horizon (varies by category), ensuring any short team risks are identified and worked to resolution
- Ensure an aligned production schedule, adjusted based on line performance, short term material availability and quality
- Lead the Material Scheduling team to support the sequencing and delivery of dry goods to meet the production schedule
- Ensure the execution of a robust and logical bottling sequence for all the lines on site for weeks 1, 2 and 3 for materials, balancing customer service and production efficiency
- Determine a fixed production and re-work schedule for external 3rd Party suppliers to satisfy all orders requiring finishing or rework.
- Taking full ownership of the short term planning horizon, ensuring any short term risks are identified and worked to resolution
- Work collaboratively with despatch and customer service teams to align make and move to optimise total daily schedule to meet direct despatch and service targets in the frozen period
The Ideal Candidate
- Supply Chain planning experience with a proven track record including demand and supply network planning
- People management experience with a proven track record
- Strong manufacturing / production planning experience
- Appropriate supply chain qualification degree or APICS desirable
- Strong understanding of end to end supply chain operational processes within Diageo with proven customer service, inventory and line efficiency delivery
- Strong networking, influencing & communication skills.
- Positive solution-finding and collaborative attitude
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Experienced user of a planning system (SAP APO preferred)
- Strong proactivity and flexibility required
- Remains positive in ambiguous and often conflicting situations
- Must hold self and others to account regarding clarity in roles and responsibilities
- A strong people manager, able to set out vision and hold team to account for exceptional supply chain results
Flexibility is vital to the success of our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible locations etc. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don't let anything stop you from applying.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :