About the role
The Brand PR Manager will lead and activate brand-building and transaction-driving campaigns across traditional and digital platforms in key cities across the US and Europe.
This role supports our premium, Incubation brands with a focus initially on our incredible single malts portfolio (Aberfeldy, Craigellachie, Royal Brackla and Teelings) and the stunning St. Terese rum. Working with the Incubation team is like working with a powerful portfolio of start-ups, so you will find yourself working well above your level, and sometimes below your level in order to get things done. These brands are icons in the making so if you are a doâ€™er, not a delegator, if you are someone who gets things done, executes with excellence and can manage multiple projects at one time with a good sense of humour, then this role is for you.
This person knows how to be creative with small to medium sized budgets, has experience advising and executing for premium/luxury brands across traditional media, publicity and events. As well, they are digitally native and know their way around brand-owned and partner social channels with the aim of embedding brands into the cultural conversation and into the hearts and minds of consumers, bartenders and the advocacy community. They will report in to the VP, Global Brand Communications but will work day to day with and into the individual brand team leads.
This person will lead agency relationships and work in a matrix organisation, so experience managing multiple stakeholders will put you in good stead to ensure alignment and understanding. They are passionate about culture and delivering great work that is creative while delivering on the business objectives. Ideally, they also have experience working with premium alcohol brands and a great track record of engaging the bartenders and the trade.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Develop the annual PR and Digital strategy and calendar
- Responsible for all goal setting, measurement and evaluation
- Oversee and manage budgets
- Activate innovative PR, Social and Influencer campaigns and events
- Create captivating brand narratives to ensure stories are compelling for the target audience
- Manage and inspire PR/Digital agencies to deliver with excellence
- Liaise with local teams on brand activations across key cities in the US and Europe
- Work with agencies to ensure a steady stream of media coverage and digital noise and engagement year round
- Develop editorial calendar to share Incubation brand news via our internal communications channels (One Bacardi, Yammer!)
Measures of success
Performance: Deliver against brand objectives and PR/Social measurement
Financial: Develop and manage budget effectively
Reputation: Grow brand awareness particularly with target consumers and advocacy audience and ensure protection of company and brand images
Critical experiences for success
- Confident self-starter with solid Public Relations and Digital communications experience. Candidate must be able to work autonomously, leading projects and reporting back into team on progress, issues and successes
- University degree; Liberal arts, Public Relations, Digital Communications, Brand Marketing preferred
- Experience working with premium alcohol brands is critical, knowledge of whisky and key industry players a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately identify key issues, communicate them in an inspiring manner with clarity and influence behaviour
- Proven expertise executing brilliantly with lean budgets to build brand awareness and allure. You see the big picture but are not afraid to get hands dirty and approach projects in a collaborative manner
- Experience identifying, negotiating and activating social influencers and media-worthy talent to drive noise
- Experience managing and measuring brand-owned digital/social channels
- Experience working across Europe and the US is critical to your success. Working in a matrix organization an asset with ability to engage and influence people at all levels, across disciplines.
- Agency experience working on a global account and/or tenure at a global, brand led company is ideal.
- Personal traits including gravitas, strongly articulate, tenacity, creativity, curiousity, and the ability to connect the dots and get things done.
- Fluent English is essential, Fluent in Spanish and French would serve you well, but not necessary.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. Weâ€™re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. Weâ€™re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what weâ€™re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit â€" both in our home markets and across the world.