About the role
Responsible for leading the long-term development of the brand within region (TX, IL, LA, OH, TN, MI, WI, MS), by ensuring the execution of the brand's commercial goals and optimizing the impact of the brand's advocacy strategy.
As Regional Marketing Manager, your goal is to ensure that brand and local activity is being leveraged for long-term brand value and short-term brand volume management. In this role you will be the Brand Expert for your region by facilitating the execution of the Brand Plan with BUSA and Distributor counterparts. You will drive effective activation of these across your geography. You will be driving the brands strategic performance within your region through commercial engagement with both BUSA and Distributor sales teams in local markets.
- Responsible to deliver key sales and brand targets for your region to include identify & codify growth drivers for roll out to other markets.
- Work with distributor and BUSA commercial teams to develop plans that will deliver annual goals and execution of tactical priorities.
- Develop tactical plans driven by industry insights and analytics. Think strategically and know your business.
- You will be responsible for managing all brand advocacy people in your market, to ensure that they are trained and confident in executing the brand and supported commercially.
- You will help develop the detailed city or region marketing plan, identifying target on-premise accounts, local PR and event activation opportunities.
- You will support the design and execution of selected brand activities in your market such as Maison St-Germain. You'll ensure executional excellence on all activities you lead on your Brand in your market to include L'Equipe activations.
- Expected to manage multiple tasks across functions simultaneously. Strength in communication across channels is crucial in order to ensure the short and long-term brand strategy is executed across the region. Consistently coordinate and plan with state field teams regarding brand strategy, operations, programming, and advocacy activity.
- Aid in the creation of new activations and programs by having a founder's mindset continually focused on ways to improve existing platforms and create new methods were needed.
- You will ensure selected brand activities you manage in your market are measured and evaluated pre- & post-activity to optimize the A&P spend.
- You'll work closely with the sales teams in your market to ensure that they are trained and motivated to sell your brand.
- Oversight, tracking and review of local market budgets and manage an A&P budget for your brand as assigned to you by your Brand VP/Director.
- A strong sense of accountability and "attention to detail" is essential.
This role is varied and while based in a home office, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the local market team members as well as key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be out in the field most days & traveling to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Create the regional/market plan, in partnership with Bacardi and distributor partners.
- Partnering with Bacardi and distributor partners to identify distribution opportunities, new account openings, key influencers and event opportunities.
- Set the objectives for the brand ambassador teams, focused on target accounts.
- Develop a contact plan & Monthly activity reporting.
- Work with commercial teams to understand L'Equipe Program goals and any other marketing execution priorities (i.e. Advertising plan tactics).
- Develop prioritized key account and target account plan to include trainings, samplings, and promotional events (menus always).
- Coordinating salesforce training at regular team meetings, and close-in support with Rep Ride-along to support the selling activity in key target outlets. Lead and organize blitzes in markets once agreed upon with commercial teams. Ensure plans are aligned with St-Germain strategic initiatives.
- Competitor Tracking & Reporting from the field.
- Ensure there is tight collaboration with a distributor point of contact leveraging promotional activity for incremental sales.
- Oversight, tracking and review of local market budgets. Work with Brand and Sales team on projections for future spends monthly activity reports against distributor reports (depletions, placement, etc.) to ensure funds are being used effectively over a period
- Delivering the event program and any local sponsorship activities.
- Act as the face of the brand & main point of contact for everything in your region.
- Monthly performance report & understanding of analytics to deliver the business.
- Monthly check-in with the commercial lead in your market or channel to ensure alignment.
- Ensure distributor partners are aware of the local support. Ensue tight collaboration with key distributor personnel, to leverage promotional activity for incremental sales.
- Led Quarterly L'Equipe performance & program update calls.
- Maintain local market knowledge through communication and in market visits
Business performance management
- Ensures measurement and evaluation of all major activity led by the RMM following guidelines provided.
- Supports the codification of successful brand growth drivers.
- Accountable for delivery of performance billings, and depletions
- Accountable for the delivery of planned brand activity - Target distribution, menu, visibility, sampling, sample conversion rate, advocacy trainings, event attendance etc.
- Accountable for controlling the local A&P budget and regularly assess & analyze budget spends and quickly correct investment decisions that are not effective.
Creating a winning team
- Works with Hub and Country Category teams to build a shared sense of purpose among all employees.
- Support and facilitate effective matrix working as a single team - Global to country to state to local market.
- Fosters close collaboration with Hub Customer Marketing throughout brand planning and activation.
- Lead and mentor the L'Equipe advocacy team
Developing talent & capability
- Supports development of their team of brand ambassadors where relevant
Measures of success
- Achieve brand financial and commercial targets in the market (revenue, profitability, share)
- Increase same outlet rate of sale velocity
- Deliver targeted PR, advocacy & event impacts
- Ensure consistent adherence to approved brand standards and visual identity
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- 3-5+ years' experience in leading FMCG company at a state or channel level within the beverage industry
- Experience in supporting, implementing, and championing brand plan development locally
- Experience multiple specialty areas: digital, promotions, events, commercial
- Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations. Fluent command in English
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional marketing qualifications. Proficiency with MS office, business performance analytics, & financials
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in line managing a small team
- Experience in the Spirits industry (brand, distributor, sales/management)
- Experience in front-line sales
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Comprehension of competitive market for brand
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.