About the role
In this role, the person is a part of the Martini Packaging Development team located in Pessione, Italy reporting to Pack Dev. team coordinator located in Pessione.
MARTINI® is one of the most emblematique brands of Bacardi Portfoliolio. The markets in which we operate are very competitive. Agility, speed and Innovation is therefore key to differentiate our products.
There is also a large range of initiatives to manage from product innovation to continuous improvements on the brands managed by the OC (BACARDÍ® EUR, RTD,..)
He/she is leading key technical packaging projects for those Brands and might also lead/support global projects.
He/she needs to know how to operate in an agile and changing environment, working very closely with his/her internal and external partners whilst maintaining operational/technical discipline to assure high quality packs delivered on time with best value/quality to the company.
This person is a knowledgeable technical partner for the multi-functional teams.
This person needs to embrace execution with excellence culture and have passion for excellence and strong ownership to deliver projects.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Develop and execute best in class packages :
- To lead independently packaging development projects from development through qualification.
- Closely work with Marketing, Design Agencies and Global Ops multi-functional team to establish what is needed and what is possible from a packaging technology pov.
- To lead DFMEA (AMDEC) review with suppliers and plants to identify risks
- To create and execute robust test plan and high-quality trial report
- To elevate any technical or project risks to his/her manager and to the multi-functional team with defined scope and back up options
- To create robust packaging specification and develop all components which meet the:
- Brand equity requirements (shape, color, decoration,...)
- Manufacturing constraints (plant, co-packer) and supply chain
- Project target cost and timeline
- Legal and Bacardi Quality Standards
- To ensure that suppliers can manufacture specifications/components to capable standards through effective sampling & production. Responsible for leading and recording all Trials & Testing and ensuring appropriate stakeholders approve results.
- To own/communicate packaging Critical Path Schedule items on his/her part of the project.
- To establish and manage development budgets for his/her own projects
- To challenge suppliers to drive results and deliver proper components qualification
- To contribute to grow technical knowledge and innovation on packaging
- To collaborate closely with quality, manufacturing and procurement to find best solutions if any issue and drive mold and packing line qualification
- To master test methods, ship test protocols and mold qualification
- To build detailed copacking manual files in order to have copackers perfectly understanding Bacardi expectations regarding tasks and quality to achieve .
- To bring innovative ideas through supplier scouting/visits
- To lead Value Engineering sessions with plants and/or suppliers
Measures of success
- Project OTIF and Excellence
- Project development budget in control
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Active support to technology scouting and Pack dev. capabilities
Critical experiences for success
- Broad experience in packaging component development, molding, packing line and supply chain qualification.
- Working closely and influence Design agency and marketing on the design to enable robust execution at the best value
- Ability to quickly understand Packaging/Packaging materials/Packing systems to be able to create and manage specifications
- Capability to work in a seamless team cross functions and cross regions
- Ability to manage and influence pack components suppliers at each phase of the project
- Understand technical drivers of the component cost and work closely with procurement to achieve best value
- Mastery in risk assessment for Packaging components and overall pack life cycle
- Overall good collaboration
- Strong project managements skills
- 3D CAD capability would be a plus
- Awareness of what the Bacardi brands stand for
- Basic knowledge of cost of goods structure of finish products
- Design Agency way of working understanding
- Basic company Marketing/Market structure understanding
- Operations understanding (manufacturing, packaging, supply chain)
- Awareness about the global Pack Dev team structure and who's who.
- Ability to work in a global structure
- English- business proficient
- Italian - business proficient
- Other languages are a plus
- Mobility - travel 30% of time
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.