About the role
The S&OP Manager Benelux is the key integrating level between global functions and local cluster for S&OP:
- Responsible for developing Demand and Supply Strategy along with an optimized inventory strategy for the Benelux to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply
chain, sales, marketing, finance and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives. Developing more integration between departments ie "IBP".
- Through the S&OP process, develop, implement and influence best practices in the disciplines of forecasting and inventory management. Manage continuous improvement of the product supply (Finish
goods, Value Added Pack and POS): improved customer service level; faster cycles; reduction of waste.You will work closely with the central Supply Chain team in Geneva and key Benelux stakeholders to ensure progress in these key indicators of success.
- In this role you will likely often find yourself in your Vilvoorde office, but can expect to travel to visit the locally based teams in the Netherlands.
- You need to ensure plants get full visibility, sales forecast accuracy is improved and that a robust alert process is in place and maintained.
- Support and mentor the Benelux demand planners in order to ensure continuous improvement regarding tool utilization and data accuracy. When required interact with customers in order to build a
- In this role, you will be making key decisions that will significantly affect your markets and place you in a position of key accountability on many matters.
- Create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve pratices and services.
- Take steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to achieve positive results; participate fully in relevant training programs and actively pursue other opportunities to develop knowledge and skills.
Reports to: Supply Chain Director Benelux-Nordics
Direct reports: 5 Demand Planners (based Vilvoorde, Brussels and Gouda, Netherlands)
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
I n this role, you will:
· Ensure that the Marketing & Sales business team reach agreement on Sales Operation and Plan on a monthly and rolling 18 month basis.
· Engage with Marketing, Sales and customers to continuously update the requirement specifications and improve the Planning and Customer Services processes accordingly.
· Manage the Demand and Supply Planning processes to ensure that plans are established, monitored and reviewed in order to ensure efficient and timely distribution of products at Benelux level
· Build visibility between financial target and volume sales plan and support the financial team in the financial cycle.
· Drive value - ensure process becomes balanced, dynamic and event driven.
· Ensure cross functional alignment and business ownership at multiple levels
· Demand shaping to drive an optimized response
· Resolve short/medium term supply constraints (ex. quality, technical...) to deliver product (Finished goods,Value Added Pack and POS) on the agreed basis
· Cooperate closely with the Activity Management Director and Project Managers on the design and development of an effective Innovation process with the aim of reducing supply chain complexity, increase supply reliability and flexibility.
· Implement and maintain the process to prevent and monitor write-offs including action plans for reduction and control improvement.
Support and mentor the country demand planners in order to ensure continuous improvement regarding tool utilization and data accuracy through
o Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
o Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
o Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
o Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually account POS and inventory levels).
o Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
o Coordinate promotions activities and projects
· Participate in the monthly process to review capacity issues with the plants, and ensure projects related to supply improvement are achieved
o Define inventory targets based on changes based on regional guidelines and demand planner input
o When necessary, support Benelux/Nordics forecast and inventory planning meetings, reviewing
recommended sales forecasts and inventory projections and goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
o Have detailed knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, inventory control,capacity requirements planning
· Develop best practice sharing within the regional planning community by
o Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices
o Develop business reports into Business Intelligence tool
o Monitor SKU levels and define SKU rationalization initiatives
o Monitor excess and obsolete inventory
o Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations.
o Ensure that staff are aware they will be accountable for achieving the desired results through planned program evaluation and individual performance appraisal.
o Consistently search for methods to develop an agile and committed departmental workforce.
o Control and check errors, taking any corrective action so that deviations from standards are minimized and stated goals of the organization are achieved in a desired manner.
Measures of success
· S&OP process for Benelux
· Operational Excellence: Drive sustained improvement in product supply & demand, customer service, planning cycles and reduction of waste
· KPI's, for example:
· Stock Availability - DIOH
· SOX compliance
· Rationalize number of SKU's
· Write Offs
· Talent Development: Ensure Benelux S&OP team have clear and meaningful development plans in place and actively monitor and advance succession plans
Critical experiences for success
- You will have 5 to 7+ years experience in S&OP. Alternatively similar length of experience in forecasting or marketing analysis. Your familiarity and knowledge in advanced planning technolocy and decision support
tools will be well recognised - Demonstrated use of analytical module to analyze demand and prepare forecasts, preferably in APO, and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Good depth of customer and market knowledge / skills
- This experience should have been gained in an FMCG environment
- Multi country experience along In-Market experience is a differentiator
- Leadership of both direct teams and matrix / cross functional leadership - managing / directing others.
- Language Skills: Fluent English and Dutch (must have), French (would be beneficial)
- You may have worked in a plant planning team at one stage of your career and / or central planning function
· Functional/Technical Skills :
Reporting Tool Experienced
Office Softwares ( Lotus, MS Office, ..) Experienced
Project Management (internal & External stakeholders) Experienced
External orientation Foundation
Planning Process e.g. S&OP, Inventory etc Mastery
Manufacturing/Operational & Copacking Processes Experienced
Market Understanding and CS skills Foundation
International Trade & Tax process (Documentation, ...) Foundation
Business Financial skills Foundation
Logistics & Distribution Processes Experienced
Product Innovation Experienced
BACARDI LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE (BLX)
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 dimensions:
Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work /
Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.