About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Global Tax Analyst
Your function is part of the UK Tax Department. You will be responsible for all mainly direct and minor indirect tax matters of the Global holding ABI Group companies in the UK. The role reports to the Head of Tax within the UK business, and will involve significant exposure to GHQ Control teams in UK, Luxembourg and Belgium, Treasury, as well as the Business Support teams in India.
As Tax Accountant & Compliance Manager you will be responsible for all Tax Compliance matters, which includes the Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly Tax position, submission of the corporate tax returns, tax modelling.
Purpose of the Job
- Supporting the UK Global Controller and the local Head of Tax for direct tax planning, administration and compliance activities for all GHQ companies of the Anheuser-Busch InBev group in the UK
- Supporting local accounting activities for the UK based Anheuser-Busch InBev group holding companies
- Submission of approx. 60 corporate tax returns
- Responsible for increasing the efficiency and internal control environment in the direct tax area in UK
- Work in a quickly changing environment, i.e. legislative changes and communication to/requirements from the tax authorities
- Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
- Align different departments (finance, legal and treasury) to streamline the corporate income tax processes within the company
- Ensure full flexibility within the team to meet existing and future business needs.
- Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of direct & indirect taxes (income tax, VAT, etc.) and that all tax payments are submitted within the prescribed timeframe
- Monitor changes in the tax legislation related to corporate income tax and VAT that could have an impact on the UK group companies. Manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
- Support tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes in the UK group companies.
- Act as contact person for tax impact assessment of business decisions
- Monitor compliance against global tax risk management policies
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
- Handle ad hoc tax requests
About the candidate:
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and related field required
- ACCA and / or CTA qualified
- 3+ years experience with a Big 4 firm or a multinational company
- Experience in working an SAP/ERP, IT2 & Cognos is a plus
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT etc.)
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Highly results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
- Understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic statutory accounting skills
- Strong knowledge of Direct / Indirect tax
- IFRS/UKGAAP knowledge is an asset