About the role
Bombay Sapphire takes great care, uses great skill and imagination in everything it does. Sustainability is a key aspect of the Laverstoke development, and something the brand works hard to achieve and celebrate. The right candidate will be passionate about these core company values and use them as an approach to all their work.
To provide exceptional customer experience, hosting guests to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery in two key points - the Mill Bar and the Gin Shop. Working across these areas will encompass a number of responsibilities, interacting with guests, helping them with their choice of cocktail and preparing it perfectly in line with the standards set by the Senior Brand Ambassador. Working in the gin shop will require a different skill set, demonstrating excellent product knowledge and enthusiasm to drive sales and further develop advocacy.
Well integrated with the rest of the distillery team, all hosts will be focused on promoting brand advocacy and achieving performance targets relating the guest experience. The highest of standards in both presentation and service will be expected at all times. Hosting may also extend to VIP guests and special events.
A flexible approach will be needed to provide guests with a consistently premium and engaging experience whilst managing visitor flow effectively.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The Mill Bar
- Making and serving complimentary and purchased cocktails for tour guests.
- Working behind the bar for bespoke and branded events.
- Maintain consistent quality and presentation of cocktails as implemented by the Senior Brand Ambassador.
- Maintain exemplary customer service standards at all times, promoting a culture of exceeding expectations
- Adapt speed of service to manage flow through the Mill Bar, without negatively affecting the customer experience
- Time allowing, engage with guests, sharing knowledge about Bombay Sapphire and the history of gin and cocktails
- Share ideas for seasonal cocktails and assist the Senior Brand Ambassador with the development of homemade ingredients
- Ensure the bar is well presented at all times, clearing tables, washing glasses and keeping surfaces clean and clear
- Assist with ordering and replenishment, carrying out manual handling safely and efficiently
- Highlight additional opportunities such as special events, promotion and loyalty cards
- Observe and analyse guest behavior, providing managers with feedback on ways in which the experience could be improved
- Fully implement the Bar Manual to ensure best practice is demonstrated at all times
- Ensure licensing laws are abided by at all times, raising any concerns with a duty manager.
- Using the till and Cash handling
The Gin Shop
- Ensuring that the shop always looks its best by ensuring shelves are fully stocked and that the shop is clean and tidy.
- Follow stock control systems and procedures
- Achieve KPI targets relating to visitor experience, operational efficiency and income.
- Demonstrate effective sales skills and exceptional product knowledge at all times, promoting brand advocacy
- Further develop advocacy for Bombay Sapphire using the Gin Shop bar to engage with guests and show them how to recreate their favourite cocktails at home
- Using the till and Cash handling
- Following completion of training, ensure that social responsibility measures are followed at all times, reporting any concerns to the Duty Manager immediately
- Provide guests with information regarding access around the distillery, answering any questions they have about facilities and accessibility
- Carry out daily checks and maintenance tasks to ensure optimum presentation and experience throughout the day, across all public areas
- Aid visitors in the event of any emergency to evacuate the building, following instructions from the Duty Manager at that time
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure break times are taken with minimum impact on the visitor experience
- Ensure staff areas are kept tidy and free of any hazards
- Assisting with group visit arrivals, greeting coaches in compliance with the traffic risk assessment
- Carry out EPOS operation and end of day procedures, in line with the finance manual and training
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Duty Manager team or other senior managers
- Answer the phone politely within a maximum of five rings, communicating the appropriate messages, taking details to call back if resource is unavailable at that time
- Politely handle any complaints, requesting help from the Duty Manager if unable to easily resolve
- Handle media enquiries in accordance with training, communicating agreed messages where necessary. Be aware of boundaries and when to request assistance from a member of the Senior Leadership team
- Attend morning briefings and other departmental meetings to maintain awareness of performance, anticipated visitor flow and other essential information such as Health & Safety briefings and upcoming VIP guests
- Act as an ambassador for The Bombay Spirits Company at all times, when communicating with both internal and external contacts
- Provide details of rota availability to the relevant line manager(s) at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the rota period
- Maintain exemplary customer service standards at all times, promoting a culture throughout the team of exceeding expectations
· Comply with H&S policies and procedures, ensuring standards are maintained throughout the team
Report any concerns, accidents or near misses immediately
Measures of success
· Commercial success, P&L Management / Delivery of budgets including: visitor numbers, sales and revenue growth
· Advocacy including internal/influencer visits
· Quality audits, visitor feedback
· Employee Engagement - Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
Critical experiences for success
Functional competencies ;
- Fluency in English
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative whilst recognising the need for appropriate consultation
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Positive and enthusiastic about working with the public
- Show attention to detail and a desire to deliver high standards
- Able to work well with colleagues from other departments
· Good health and safety awareness
Work Experience requirements ;
- Experience of working in a busy, customer facing environment
- A sound understanding of customer service principles, and experience of diverse audiences
- Experience of cash handling and EPOS systems
- (preferably cocktail/premium setting)
- A good basic education to GCSE level or equivalent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.