About the role
Our Commercial Analytics team is hiring a Commercial Analyst for a 14 month contract in our Toronto head office. Strong communication and analytical skills are a must for the successful candidate, who will ideally bring with them at least 2-3 years of relatable experience.
The purpose of the Commercial Performance & Insights team is to act as the corporate Commercial lead for planning, reporting, performance and ongoing business routines, as well as stewardship of central analytics and insight generation.
This role is provide value added analytics and insights support to our Commercial team who is charged with driving commercial success within the province of Ontario. Pivotal to your accountability will be to execute and communicate standardized approaches to analytics, customer engagement insights and performance review to be used in our selling story.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Ontario based Commercial team (Regional Director & Key Account Manager) to support customer needs/insights
- Integrate Shopper & Consumer Insights into opportunities and propositions
- Delivery of standardized conventional tools in order to analyze our business in the province
- Delivery of standardized commercial reporting and performance communications; visibility and connectivity to Bacardi financial reporting processes
- Understanding, evaluating and driving sales success through proven category mangement expertise
- Development of market (external) analytics, promotional analysis, and forecasting/planning analysis
- Regional analysis and insight generation from key content (LCBO Customer data, ACD, Shopper Insights Data) to feed into Commercial selling stories, Customer Marketing, Regional Sales, etc.
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing, Consumer Marketing, and Finance colleagues to manage in-year gap planning and one-off initiatives
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Net Sales Value (NSV) growth targets vs. budget and NSV per case target ahead of plan
- Value share: Deliver target value share growth
- Strategy: Full participation in the development, delivery, and ownership of the annual planning, forecasting and target-setting processes from a commercial perspective
- Employee Engagement: Achieve sustained improvement in engagement and energy with the team
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Ability to clearly develop & articulate business requirements and translate into functional specifications (and vice versa)
- Be able to multi-task with excellent time management skills and willing to work in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Highly developed financial analytical skills and database management skills to develop and implement sales analytical databases, reports and analytics.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with various functions across the organization
- Must possess professional maturity and be comfortable with interacting with higher levels of management to communicate facts in a simple and understandable manner including presenting their opinions and ideas.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, continuously changing and often ambiguous environment
The following experiences are preferred:
- 2-3 years minimum experience in an Analytics function preferred
- Experience in the CPG industry preferred, but not required
- Exposure to and/or prior experience engaging with commercial/field sales organizations
- Experience with planning/reporting/forecasting processes and tools
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Exposure/experience to statistical modelling methods and approaches
- Business degree focused on analytics
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.