About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Strategic Business Partner
Responsible for supporting the delivery of a customer driven and comprehensive People service, providing day to day support to key stakeholders across the function(s), and ensuring all relevant People policies and procedures are maintained and updated as required.
Approx 400 people in total
Key contacts: (internal - external)
- All functions & people within AB InBev UKI
- Some contact with Supply functions
- Commercial Leadership Team
- Zone members
- Legal Bodies/Authorities/Solicitors - DLA Piper, PWC, Deloitte, CIPD, UKBA, HMRC, EY
Strategy Development - Support the People Director as appropriate
Strategy - Support the People Director to
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the People function by undertaking appropriate diagnostic work.
- Facilitate effective implementation of new People initiatives in designated areas as appropriate
- Ensure the alignment of people strategies with existing company policies and procedures, and update as required
- Work closely with the Zone People team to develop and implement ways of working to Zone aligned functional teams
- Analysis and delivery of people analytics, supporting the functional leads by providing up to date information and action plans to allow for future growth and develop strategic partnerships
Meeting the Business Need
- Relationship Building
- Build successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strong networks across the UK/Ireland and Global/Zone
- Maintain external relationships with authorities
- Meeting the business need
- Ensure ability to respond in a timely way to People demands
- Establish a good understanding of the business environment, across the country
- Undertake specific project work as required (e.g. Change Projects)
Line Management Support
- Provide resourcing advice to all functions as required
- Ensure agreed recruitment processes are followed
- Develop good relationship with Wilson, recruitment team, as required to ensure agreed service levels are achieved
- Provide support and advice on Sponsorship / visa requirements in line with the home office requirements
Operational Advice & Support
- Provide day to day support to line managers in line with agreed levels and standards required
- Provide advice and support on disciplinary and grievance matters as appropriate and application of People policies (e.g. disciplinary, grievance, flexible working)
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the legislative framework
- Maintain appropriate SLA for key departments on the level and standard of day to day support required
- Support the promotion of a culture of performance, change orientation and improvement
- Where appropriate, challenge existing ways of working to ensure all employees align with the "Dream, People, Culture"
- Ensure all ER matters are managed appropriately
- Assist in the review performance management processes across each function and implement agreed action plans as required
Policies and Procedures
Development / Upgrading
- Responsible for ensuring existing policies are "fit for purpose"
- In conjunction with the People Director, draft new policies and procedures, develop and implement as appropriate
Calibre & Leadership Development - Support the People Director as appropriate
- Liaise with regional PC team to ensure effective training and development plans in place for individuals and teams
- Develop appropriate actions to ensure these are integrated into individual performance reviews
- Monitor and lead the local OPR processes to ensure a consistent approach and timetable is aligned to the annual people cycle
About the candidate:
Personal & Technical Competencies:
- Good listener, with the ability to quickly gain rapport and trust across all levels
- Strong influencer, able to challenge management and employees where appropriate
- Ability to challenge management and staff where appropriate
- Highly results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of employment legislation
- Highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions
- Highly tenacious and resilient with the ability to see things through to completion in a climate of ambiguity and change
- Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers
- Leads by example, and lives the company's values
- Demonstrable people management skills, with the ability to lead effectively
- Has the ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships and networks based on integrity and trust
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards and championing best practices
- Proactively looks for and acts upon opportunities to create value for our business
- Coach and provide candid feedback to others
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Able to compile effective reports, highlighting risks and issues
- Anticipates change, plans and adapts as needed to an evolving environment
- Understands the needs of the customer-internal and external-and excels in building win/win relationships
- Continually seeks to champion "best practices"
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in field of HR
- Experience delivering business aligned people solutions to a demanding customer base
- Experience working in a fast changing and fast paced environment
- Experience in a people or related role
- Experience managing employee relations issues
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of behavioural competencies, and how to apply them in the work environment
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, with operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois® .