Job Description :
Closing Date: 16th April
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
From Johnnie Walker to Smirnoff, Diageo is searching for leaders from different backgrounds who have a voracious appetite for manufacturing culture and supply chain practices. Our leaders not only keep up, but drive the pace at which we deliver initiatives. Whether it is engaging and influencing senior stakeholders or finding fast, creative solutions to issues, we are looking for someone to approach these brilliantly.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
As Cask Planner you will be involved in:
- To provide support to the Site Leadership Team and work closely with other Senior Operator team members to deliver production commitments.
- Create a weekly plan that covers all aspects of cask movements and storage within Maturation and supply into and out of maturation.
- This will include flows such as DU; external cooperages; USA and other supplies; cooperage in and out; filling stores in and out.
- Barrel Park planning and stocks projections to optimise use of resources including manpower within the Maturation (North and South) barrel parks.
- Wood Mix planning - liaise with all Production planners to ensures stocks are available to deliver wood mix targets.
- Ensure cask supply to deliver weekly filling plans that hits our wood mix targets.
- Scheduling with OSL suppliers and SSC for all streams detailed above.
- Quarterly stock checks undertaken and adjustments agreed with BL and finance.
- To assist Site Leadership Team to ensure that the appropriate resources are available to meet and optimise site production targets. This includes Brightworks resource planning and ensuring maintenance plans are incorporated to minimise impact on production.
- To identify areas of concern and highlight any potential deadline misses well in advance.
- To ensure that Diageo quality and compliance commitments are not compromised at any stage.
- To direct the activities of the site teams to ensure seamless production. To be involved/mange site projects e.g. Contract work, A3's etc.
- Daily communications to internal and external sources e.g. BL, hauliers, maintenance, satellite sites etc.
- Attends Tier 1 planning meeting and updates re Maturation cask stocks and flows.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- In additional to all requirements as detailed in the SOP1 Job Profile:
- Proven experience on scheduling, planning, and being able to manage resource to meet demands and optimise performance.
- Ability to challenge effectively and constructively.
- Effective management of workload, prioritisation and time scales.
- Pro-actively engages with and builds trust with wider network and stakeholders from Operators to external logistics suppliers.
- Supports and drives RUN & IMPROVE elements of the Manufacturing Excellence strategy to continually improve operational performance.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don't let anything stop you from applying.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Please visit our Linkedin page: Diageo Linkedin or our website and apply now and we'll be in touch. If you require If you're not inspired to apply already then please watch the following video which represents our employees' true passion for Diageo and its brands: https://youtu.be/v6B162KZSa8
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :