Job Description :
Guinness Storehouse Team Leader (Beer Specialism, Brand Immersion & Brand innovation) 1 Year Contract
Visitor Experience Manager
Guinness Storehouse is Ireland's No. 1 visitor attraction and recently voted No 1 tourist attraction in Europe and has a key role to play in the Guinness Global Brand agenda. It is home to the Guinness visitor experience, which includes retail, restaurant and bar facilities, corporate training and event facilities, company archives and Diageo's alcohol responsibility zone. The Team Leader plays a key role in managing a team of people in the delivery of an engaging and entertaining Guinness Experience in a very challenging customer facing environment brand.
Dimensions: 1.7 million visitors p.a.
a) Purpose of Role : It is our intent to employ a dynamic and flexible team leader who will lead the Visitor Experience, Connoisseur & Beer Specialist teams on a daily basis to deliver a proactive, innovative, immersive and brand relevant experience to our visitors. The successful candidate will have a 'finger on the pulse' attitude, be visionary and creative in their approach, and be confident in their ability to align the Guinness Brand message and promote our brewing credentials into visitor and stakeholder friendly experiences.
b) Top Accountabilities:
- Manages a team of between 50 - 80 people on a daily basis to deliver smooth running of the operation in order to deliver an entertaining and engaging experience for visitors - queue and floor management.
- Excels in customer service and is able to generate enthusiasm for delivering excellence in customer service. Consciously acts as an ambassador for Guinness.
- Actively seeks change and improvements in delivery of an excellent visitor experience
- Direct line manager responsible for a team of beer specialized staff. Responsible for developing and mentoring this team to a Global Industry & market ready standard using Diageo people management processes
- Responsible for managing a large team on a daily basis. Takes responsibility for energizing this team to deliver first class standards and service every day. Provide on the spot coach to staff. Ensure staff are trained to deliver excellent visitor experiences (includes permanent and short term staff)
- Is able to deal with crisis, able to make decision on own for best to business. Able to take control of operation, and ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff
- Ensures all cash and stock transactions are carried out accurately. Assist Head of Department with cost control. Ensures that the building presentation is to high standard, and take action where needed.
- Takes responsibility for the operational running of this busy world class, seven floor experience
c) Diageo Capabilities:
- Seeks out best practice to ensure Storehouse delivers world class service. Generate ideas and move them to action; is imaginative in finding solutions to exceed our visitors' expectations. Has pre-disposition to take action, rather than being told what to do or waiting for things to happen. Uses initiative to excel in provision of customer service.
- Operates with energy and passion that is contagious & inspirational
Consistently Delivering Great Performance
- A strong team player. Prioritises time and workload
- Motivates and inspires great performance in their team
- Demonstrates brilliant execution, apply high standards and creates passion and energy around delivery of a great Visitor Experience
Managing People for Success
- Takes ownership of the performance of your team and shows a genuine interest in working with them on their development.
- Uses different interpersonal styles and methods to guide/ influence individuals or groups towards task accomplishment.
- Uses effective judgement to assess situations and people to determine most appropriate and effective course of action
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3rd level education.
- At least 12 months experience in managing teams within a busy customer facing environment within tourism, retail or hospitality
- People management experience is essential
To be a success you will need to show the following:
- Industry savvy with a confident knowledge and understanding of Beer & Brewing
- Confident creative mindset with ability to innovate & implement Brand perfect initiatives
- Must be interested in drinks and food industry with a genuine passion for conversations around ingredients, processes, flavors with the ability to food pair.
- Excellent people skills & quick to generate Stakeholder contacts that can push our agenda efficiently
- High professional standards -seeks out and identifies best industry practices
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Has excellent operational experience in a customer facing environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy in the delivery of excellent customer experiences
Barriers to Success in Role
Poor communication skills
Lack of energy
Inability to work as a team player
Inability to lead a team effectively
Inability to solve problems and make decisions
(The appointment will be for a period of 12 months with an option to extend if required ).
Worker Type :
St James Gate
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :