About the role
To effectively operate waste stream plants within environmental and legislative consents.
To account for and dispatch new make spirit.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ensure that all tasks, activities and responsibilities are undertaken within the Company EHS procedures.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of distillery operations and activities, suggesting alterations as appropriate.
· Maintain complete flexibility of operations within your areas of responsibility through personal commitment and behaviour.
· Identify maintenance requirements and potential plant failure and effectively communicate to the Distillery Manager or in their absence the Distillery Supervisor.
· Actively participate in Company Training, Development Initiatives and Communications Briefings as appropriate.
· Liaise with colleagues during shift handovers of plants.
· Within your area of responsibility ensure work practices are carried out in a Lean manner.
· Ensure that all plant and monitoring equipment is calibrated as scheduled.
· Ensure all spirit handling activities are carried out according to company procedures and HMRC notices.
· To ensure that the plants are operated within defined parameters and SEPA consents.
· Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behavior
· Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to Site Management such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk
· To ensure the maintenance of excellent housekeeping standards using 5s+s principles.
· To ensure the development and maintenance of a safety conscious environment, identify hazards and risks using the NEMO system.
· Carry out related tasks that are required from time to time.
Measures of success
Assessment of KPIs defined through the the individuals Workday Performance System performance.
Critical experiences for success
Excellent numeric and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy and resilient
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment
- Basic understanding of control systems
- Basic computer skills
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.