About the role
The purpose of the role is to ensure full compliance of all operational practices and develop/refine departmental ways of working for optimum effectiveness and efficiency. End to end knowledge and understanding of full bulk supply processing from empty wood to bottling consumption including all spirit variations. Working cross functionally with warehousing and spirit prep to develop teams to be multi-skilled in all processes. Process Controller role also entails maintenance of quality, EHS, Process safety and HMRC obligations, and site recording systems.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ensure that all spirit movements fully comply with Customs & Excise requirements and legislation and recorded on appropriate processing systems for accounting records.(ECMS, PCS7, SAP, DRAMS)
- All Departmental SOPs, Risk Assessments and training up to date, fit for purpose on legislation and created as new operational requirements are introduced and handed over post commissioning
- Enable BOS framework within bulk and drive performance.
- Build collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the effective data capture on designated excel spreadsheets.
- Accurate recording of departmental KPIs - downtime, operational efficiency & warehouse vacuity.
- Maintain complete flexibility of operations across the Bulk Supply operations.
- Actively participate and promote the continuous improvement of the site and activities, suggesting alterations as appropriate.
- Actively participate in Company Training and Development Initiatives and Communication Briefings as appropriate.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behavior.
- Maintain behaviour in compliance with HSE requirements.
- Carry out training of others as required ownership of the departmental CTMS and SOP reviews.
- Increase skills flexibility across operational team
- 36 hours over 5 days (day shift) possibility of additional overtime.
- Will provide cover for Process Leads as required.
Any other activities relevant to site operations.
Measures of success
· Delivery of spirit to internal and external customers on time and in full.
· Minimised operational downtime and maximise efficiencies
· Site efficiency and OEE % to meet target
· Departmental KPIs to be met and audits completed
· Improvements in standardized processes, systems and ways of working
All site operators to be fully-multi skilled and competent .
Critical experiences for success
· Excellent numeric and literacy skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Honest, reliable, trustworthy and resilient
Work Experience Requirements
· Experience of working within a FMCG environment
· Supervisory experience within a FMCG environment
· Ideally experience of working in whisky or other Bulk processing
· Experience of manufacturing IT systems
· Full and current counterbalance fork lift truck licence required
· Strong numeracy skills
· Good written and spoken English
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.