About the role
The aim of the Bacardi Operations Center (OC) is to deliver outstanding customer value through the production of premium products and services at competitive costs to our global markets. The OC's integrated production activities incorporate liquid processing, bottling, planning and logistics supported by multidisciplined functional teams.
The Quality Assurance Manager role will be accountable for the management of the Quality function comprising of a multi- disciplined team of Quality professionals delivering best practice, standards, policies, training and systems at our Jacksonville, FL location.
The role will also be a part of the Global Quality Core team, contributing to and shaping the Global Safety, Quality and Sustainability (SQS) strategies and initiatives enabling the delivery of leading edge industry best practices across all of our Operations Centers.
The role could offer the ability to travel, and due to its scope could require flexible working time.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Strategic Planning: Collaborate to the development of the QA strategy that will transform and continually improve Quality performance in alignment to industry leadership performance,for the OC in alignment with OC and Global Team. Develop and implement plans to deliver the Quality strategy for the local operations
- Accountable for the development and implementation of the Quality 3-5 year plan in line with the SQS strategy, that will deliver brand quality as a competitive advantage in the markets.
- Collaborate effectively with global operations quality team, local operations team, New Product Development, Procurement and markets to create integration, alignment and leverage of plans that will assure quality standards in relation to existing and new products.
- Develop the quality and reliability of OC supplier base to improve finished product quality and minimize impact to production performance
- Promote a Quality and Continuous Improvement philosophy across the operations based on the principles of Lean Six Sigma.
- Implement, monitor and strengthen the Quality Management Systems to ensure compliance with Legislative(?), Bacardi and International standards
- Oversees HACCP program, training and related activities to ensure operational compliance.
- Ensure that internal processes, standards, tools and metrics are aligned to lean principles and consistently deliver premium quality
- Benchmark and adopt best practice quality standards, techniques and processes that will drive the business forward and assure quality is a competitive advantage in the markets
- Accountable for the delivery and governance of quality KPI performance across the operation
- Manage quality budget in line with approved plans
- Preparation of capital expenditure and investments for process development, testing, & compliance to Bacardi and international standards.
- Lead designated global projects as member of Global Quality leadership team to deliver standards, processes, tools and systems
- Lead communication efforts and actions on all quality issues with the customer
- Represent the company in relevant industry bodies and/or trade organizations
People Leadership:Provide outstanding leadership that will foster values based performance culture through the development of skills and leadership capabilities of your people in alignment with our Bacardi People Way
- Develop an operation that demonstrates world-class Quality capability through continuous development of training standards, training programs and competencies of our people
- Incorporate Quality training, standards, and competencies into training plans of our employees
- Coach and mentor direct reports providing developmental support to grow the performance and potential of the individual.
- Foster continuous development through implementation of development plans that will strengthen the capability of the team to deliver competitive advantage
- Develop talent pipe line aligned to our business requirements and Talent Scorecard
- Foster a team environment where high performance is driven by our values
- Drive sustained improvements in employee engagement and enablement as measured through our employee engagement survey
- In collaboration with HR Business Partner deploy HR policies and procedures across Quality function.
- Provide leadership for the development of the quality team aligned to Bacardi Global People Plans
Measures of success
- Quality Excellence culture - Drive sustained improvement in engagement.
- Deliver Industry leading performance across Internal Operations, Consumer, Distributor, Supplier and Co-packer quality metrics
- ISO14000, ISO9001, OHSAS 18000 and HACCP system compliance
- Deliver internal quality standards, processes and tools to assure qualityof dry goods material, liquid and final product
- New products comply to Global Quality Standards
- Compliance to Legislative and Bacardi Global Standards
- Promote and foster a Zero accident, incident, defects and waste culture aligned to Bacardi Values
- CAPEX and operational budgets plans delivered in line with business commitments
- Deliver against development and talent management activities as measured via the Scorecard.
Critical experiences for success
Qualifications and Experience
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science with Packaging Certification. Advanced degree desired.
- 7+ years of leadership experience in Quality function within a Global FMCG Operation
- Outstanding communicator at all levels ideally within Global Matrix Organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills to function as a team member and leader with a strong commitment to team concept
- Demonstrated success implementing and leading organizational change.
- Leadership experience in deployment of advanced Quality strategies
- In-depth Knowledge of leading edge Quality methodologies, with the ability to align / engage the Operations Center management team to deploy best practice
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, ISO 14001, & OHSAS 18001
- ISO Lead Auditor Training or equivalent course must be either completed in the last three years or the in cumbent must complete within the first six months in the role
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.