Job Description :
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. As an Ireland HR team, our culture is something we are proud of. We share a collective accountability for delivery of goals and we work together to deliver core streams of work and the big outcomes we want to deliver. We always have the honest conversation and this honesty drives real outcomes and growth. When we grow as individuals, the team grows. Most of all we value each other and collaborate brilliantly.
The purpose of this role is to support the business strategy through the execution of the people and talent agenda across the Island of Ireland, ensuring business objectives are achieved through the utilisation and deployment of a range of HR programmes, tools, policies and frameworks. The role will report to the HR Director Ireland.
This role provides HR Business partnering support to Europe and Global functions employees (eg Finance, HR, CR, Legal, GDBS) based in Ireland. The HRBP for functions will play a key role in executing the organisational and people agenda in country; partnering with the Global Talent and OE business partners and the Head of Europe Functions Business Partner on making sure we have the right structures, capabilities and talent for the future as well as creating the right environment for our teams to deliver exceptional performance.
Dimensions of the role
While the role has no direct budget responsibility, the HR co-ordinator works with business leaders, line managers and the broader business partner community to ensure we maximize value for the organisation and key OE metrics and overheads targets are delivered.
b) Market Complexity
There are a wide range of stakeholders across the Europe and Global teams. It is critical that the HR Co-ordinator is able to navigate the matrix organisation and can build effective relationships and influence across different levels of the organisation. A number of key stakeholders, leaders and line managers will sit outside the geography and this will require strong virtual relationship building.
The HR coordinator needs to works brilliantly with business partners outside Ireland in executing the organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement levers.
Talent and Learning & Development
- Analyse and maintain succession data and identify required interventions to strengthen our talent pipeline.
- Support best in class performance enablement including execution of the Performance Review process (P4G), building line manager capability, calibration and great goal setting.
- Attend and run assessment centres for pre-screened external candidates, as required. Actively coach Line Managers on resourcing processes.
- Co-ordinate Onboarding process and on-site inductions to ensure a great joiner experience and compliance with new joiner requirements.
- Co-ordination of HR metrics and data insights for annual multi-year talent planning.
Organisation Effectiveness and Engagement
- Support delivery and embedding of continuous organisational change and productivity improvements.
- Deploy effective and regular tracking of HR KPIs and monitoring of HR analytics, enabling further actions and interventions.
- Participate in Europe-wide HR initiatives in service of our OE and Engagement initiatives, among others
- Lead the site employee engagement agenda in partnership with CR, including activities like Values Survey implementation and the co-ordination of our site-wide newsletter.
HR Service Delivery
- Role model for utilisation of the HR operating model. Partner with FirstPoint to driver effectiveness of our HR operating model and building brilliant support to employees and line managers incl. continuous improvement of service levels.
- Partner with Europe reward team on communication data validation processes and building capability build around our annual reward cycle.
- Coordination of the Sales Incentive Plan and other recognition schemes / events.
HR Business Partnering
- Support the development and delivery of the functional talent & capability plan to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation, today and tomorrow.
- Coaching line managers to enable them to have right talent and capabilities to succeed and creating an environment which is clear on performance management, putting in rigour, consistency and discipline.
- Ensuring compliance with our HR relations policies and processes. This includes liaison with the employee relations manager, operations manager, reward team, first point and coaching of people managers and employees against local geography requirements.
Critical Criteria to be successful in role
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills, both face to face and virtually taking accountability for the delivery of the HR strategy and performance.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Ability to engage key stakeholders to deploy and deliver value adding HR interventions.
- Strong analytical and excel skills to understand trends and insights in order to develop strategies that meet the business needs.
- Solutions orientation balanced with delivery focus. Can develop plans and take through to action - engaging relevant stakeholders and managing expectations around timing, process etc
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage between day-to-day requests across multiple stakeholders and proactively driving a more strategic people agenda
Qualifications and experience required
- Graduate calibre or equivalent, ideally with experience of working within an HR environment.
- Desire to learn and grow. Motivated by new challenges, tenacious, resilient with ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and discretion.
- Confident and articulate in dealing with all stakeholders at all levels
- Able to effectively prioritise and plan workload to ensure that deadlines are met without the need for close supervision and often operating within time and resource constraints
- Pays close attention to detail, applying high standards to all aspects of work, with ability to see bigger picture.
- Ability to search out, manipulate and analyse data to drive valuable insights, including excel skills.
- Passionate about Diageo
Worker Type :
St James Gate
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :