Job Description :
- This position is based in the local Grand Rapids, Michigan area due to the high level of interaction with the retailer's buying and space planning teams. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Has a solid understanding of Meijer business, category products, market trends & performance, and macro shopper trends.
- Develops and foster relationships with the Meijer buying and space planning teams.
- Owns planogram and merchandising process for all resets, special projects, and store remodels so experience with JDA Space Planning and project management skills are essential.
- Complexity is high and requires a detailed-orientated candidate.
- The role requires a significant level of collaboration and ability to positively & effectively offer recommendations in the category decision making process with customers.
- Deep understanding of category management practices and ways of working.
- Coordination with cross-functional teams both internally (HQ category development team) and externally (buying teams, distributors, space planners).
- Demonstrated leadership role in aligning customer and category best practice strategies and ensuring appropriate tactical enablers are planned and executed.
Purpose of Role:
- This role directly supports the Meijer spirits category team by fulfilling required planogram design & development requirements. This includes semi-annual resets, promotional planning, new store openings, and store remodels.
- Primarily responsible for executing the category assessment, planogram development, and assortment optimization in conjunction with the Diageo's Meijer Category Development team.
- Work with buying and space planning teams to drive the Meijer Spirits business in ways that grow the category's performance via improvements in distribution, shelving, assortment, and ease of shop.
- Travel is on average 20% or less.
- Manage the development of category shelf plans while aligning customer, category, and regulatory realities. Ensure appropriate tactical enablers are planned for and are executed.
- Lead efficient product assortment optimization process, segmentation and shelf merchandising efforts by developing, implementing and upholding the shelf management strategy that is consistent with Meijer & best practice category standards.
- Manage planogram process for semi-annual changes, remodels, and new store openings.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College degree required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturer space planning team or Category Captain/Advisor capacity.
- Must have strong technical experience with advanced software skills relevant to Category Management functions - this includes shelf management software (JDA), Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint), and exposure to shopper loyalty card research tools
- Advanced JDA skills preferred, script writing and automation capabilities are highly preferred.
- Strong analytical, project management, and presentation/communication skills are essential
Worker Type :
Off Site Michigan
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :