Job Description :
The Demand Planner is responsible for all SAP APO statistical forecasting and data integrity activities. The Planner will create baseline forecast models to support the monthly S&OP process. The Planner will own and drive statistical forecast accuracy performance to achieve targets. They will collaborate with the DP S&OP Business Partner on history adjustments to drive robust statistical forecasts. The Planner is responsible for data integrity, ensuring that the weekly forecast sent to Supply is applied to the correct sku and location.
- Generate a baseline 24 month statistical forecast model using the SAP APO system. Determine, document and maintain all statistical parameters used to drive a 'best fit' model.
- Collaborate with DP S&OP Business Partner on all 'history cleansing' activities; make adjustments and record assumptions
- Maintain APO master data including CVC creation, disaggregation factors and attributes
- Analyze forecast exceptions and data integrity reports weekly utilizing BW reporting tools and Excel
- Review historical shipment and depletion trends and research demand drivers; summarize and provide insight to the DP S&OP Business Partners to support the monthly S&OP process
- As necessary collaborate with DP S&OP Business Partners to conduct root cause analysis to identify drivers of error and work together to take the necessary corrective action to drive continuous improvement in forecast accuracy and bias performance
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations / Supply Chain Management or related business discipline
- 1 to 3 years' experience working within the Demand and/or Supply Chain Planning process; Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Baseline SAP APO system and Business Intelligence/BW Reporting skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills, to support this a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Excel, PowerPoint is required
- Baseline understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes; Supply Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Inventory Planning, Conversion, Logistics, Procurement and Customer Service
This job will be located in Norwalk, CT through 2019. Starting in Jan 2020, this job will be located at 3 World Trade Center, NYC.
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :