Job Description :
Procurement Category Manager, Data and E-Commerce
New York City
Organization: Reports to Director, Consumer Marketing Procurement
Purpose of the role:
North America Marketing Procurement delivers significant contribution towards Diageo North America business, productivity and growth goals. Within the Marketing A&P, the Data and e-Commerce category is seeking to deliver value creation to support operating margin improvement and competitive advantage through sourcing, negotiation, ROI optimisation and agency management, leveraging the sweet spot between efficiencies and effectiveness of our A&P investment.
This category is complex, with varying stakeholder needs, and key relationships at an executive level. The prime accountability for the role is to drive value through ensuring the commercial elements of spend in this category are executed brilliantly with our vendors. This role will lead sourcing decisions with key stakeholders and will support the maximisation of value as well as ROI, whilst minimising risk, from all external spend - assuring quality of delivery and performance.
The marketing category is additionally going through a period of transformation. Digital media is growing in importance, with data and technology becoming strategically more integrated in our planning and creative decision making. The role will play a key part in developing and driving the Diageo data and e-commerce transformation, articulating the journey and vision to align stakeholders, while unlocking the value and business performance that data can bring.
This role will bring marketing science, campaign analytics, and ad tech systems expertise to the team, leading and enhancing our understanding of the agency/partner landscape, the innovations, technologies and the processes to drive value and minimise risks. The role will provide detailed knowledge of the supply chain. We are seeking a candidate that can be a lead contributor to determining how value is captured and the metrics that Diageo should be measuring. This means you will be influencing, supporting and shaping the development of the business strategy and ways of working.
A solid understanding of the industry landscape and how to navigate is essential.
The core activities/deliverables of this role are:
- Bachelors' Degree; MBA preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of the business, and judgement; creating value.
- Experience of establishing agency partnerships and the how to structure deals in this area.
- Strong project, operational and change management capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop team profile as an authentic business partner in a global business.
- Building and sustaining trust and credibility with stakeholders and the team, quickly.
- Demonstration of personal accountability for great performance and brilliant execution.
- Collaborates and develops strong relationships with Marketing in Diageo North America and Global Procurement colleagues to drive the continuous improvement agenda.
- Manage and achieve/exceed the annual cost savings and productivity performance targets.
- Jointly set objectives with stakeholders, undertake agency business reviews to reflect achievements against established KPI's, analyse performance and skill gaps, and actively manage continuous performance. Collaboratively identify development needs and action plans.
- Deliver the category programme(s) through great execution under his/her area of responsibility.
- Deliver excellence benefits through sourcing, demand management, supplier relationship management, contract management, and supplier development and supplier innovation.
- Key interface with stakeholders ensuring full engagement to maximize commercial advantage, minimize risk and assuring quality of delivery and performance.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Complexity of the Role:
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
- Requires extensive financial knowledge to understand budgets complexity and savings recognition.
- Strong influencing and communication skills needed to bring stakeholders & suppliers on the journey to successful implementation of projects.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5 years+ marketing science, campaign analytics, and ad tech systems experience in an FMCG or agency environment.
- Proven experience in key procurement skills including negotiations, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Strong analytical skills, including forensic understanding of the cost drivers to target and influence costs through end-to-end value.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Objectively challenges established practice to stimulate alternative thinking.
Top leadership capabilities for this role:
- Authenticity, create possibilities, consistently deliver great performance and connect to Diageo Purpose.
- Is able to hold multiple perspectives and shows mental agility in approaching problems.
- Displays high levels of energy and commitment; is relentless in the pursuit of their goals.
- Strong communication skills with sound commercial awareness.
Barriers to succeed:
- Lack of marketing science, campaign analytics, and ad tech systems knowledge / experience.
- Inability to change and think differently. Fixed mindset.
- Lack of influencing and communication skills.
- Inability to inspire and motivate others.
- Failure to establish clear priorities.
- Inability to deal with ambiguity.
- Unwillingness to adapt to changing scope of the role as marketing trends emerge.
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :