About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based at Bacardi's UK Operational Head Office, the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Finance Assistant provides essential financial support to the Manufacturing and Supply Chain business. This role will primarily support the Manufacturing & SC Finance Analyst with product costing requirements as well as the monitoring and support of manufacturing materials losses and operations costs reporting analysis. They will have the ownership of several business operational trackers and weekly reporting providing critical business finance support.
This role will have the opportunity to learn operational processes and how they translate into the financials whilst being supported through their learning development. The individual will need to have excellent analytical skills, but then be able to concisely and convincingly communicate their findings.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Produce weekly/monthly reporting on all packaging material losses, compiling and circulating the reports for review and comment at operational level.
· Assist Cost per Case analysis, tracking and reporting of line headcounts (focusing in on temps) and efficiencies, ensuring financials are up to date with "real time".
· Consolidate COGS (Cost of Goods) estimates for review, liaising with Master Data & Procurement to ensure we produce COGS accurately for new product development (NPD).
· Calculate inter-company Transfer Prices based on agreed budget margins, ensuring all systems are updated accordingly.
· Monthly update and ownership of relevant operational trackers affecting manufacturing operating costs for review.
· Monthly update and ownership of blocked/slow moving stock trackers.
· Posting of monthly accruals and first line analysis of operational production costs at month end.
· Material cost benchmarking analysis.
· Assist Manufacturing & SC Finance Analyst in preparation of the annual Strat Plan and budgeting processes.
· Prepare monthly performance / Operational KPI reports (departmental level) for review.
· Work closely with shared service centre to analyse reporting and drive local JDSL plant ownership of actions.
· General finance team admin responsivities which include (Mail scanning, raising/banking of cheques and raising P-card requests).
· Ad hoc support to Finance Manager & Finance Analyst as and when required .
Measures of success
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
· Delivery of timely & accurate reporting
· Accurate COGS first time
· Development of current systems and operational trackers
· Compliance with all annual requests (Strategy plans/Budget/Forecasts) throughout the year
· Others defined by annual performance setting with the Manufacturing & SC Finance Analyst
Pro-active and positive engagement to the Finance team
Critical experiences for success
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES FOR SUCCEss
Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Analytical skills: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, turning data into information.
· Forecasting: knowledge of, and ability to apply, financial and forecasting procedures.
· Product costing experience desirable but not essential.
· Independence: Ability to work and think independently.
· Co-ordination: Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining excellent standards of outputs.
· Control Environment: Awareness of internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making.
· Basic Operating Systems: Knowledge of basic software and operating systems and related aspects (e.g. system tools, software, hardware, related products and controls). Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential.
· Desire to learn, develop and progress career.
Work experience requirements
· Ability to work independently and in a group environment.
· Advanced Excel skills are required.
· Ability to work with financial systems - e.g. SAP
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
· Relevant university degree or similar qualification
· English Fluent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.