About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based at Bacardi's UK Operational Head Office, reporting to the Spirit Supply Finance Analyst and supporting the operational areas of malt and gin distillation, maturation and warehousing, bulk operations, blending and cask supply. This role will actively support the financial management and reconciliation of the maturing whisky portfolio, the largest asset within the UK Operations Centre.
This role will have the opportunity to learn operational processes and how they translate into the financials and reward the individual with a wide-ranging knowledge of the spirit supply business.
They will have the opportunity to support business decision making by identifying and interrogating the key operational and cost drivers across the organisation. The individual will need to have excellent analytical skills, but then be able to concisely and convincingly communicate their findings.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Planning and Control
· Assist in preparation & reporting of financial forecasts and budgets
· Interrogate and cleanse accounting data relating to operational processes to ensure highest levels of accuracy possible
· Investigate monthly deviations against budget / forecast and highlight significant movements
· Build understanding of SAP process orders methodology to become subject area expert
· Build understanding of distilling and bulk operations
· Correlate operational KPIs with financial results
Maturing Inventory and Systems
· Local monitoring of process orders compliance (assisting GBS)
· Assist with monthly bulk stock reconciliation
· Assist with DRAMS month end closedown
· Update costs in systems as required
Accounting & Costing
· Posting of local general ledger accounts adjustments, and maintenance of general ledger
· Reconciliation of all agreed Balance Sheet Accounts
· Costing of locally used bulk liquid - Maintenance of standards in DRAMS and liase with GBS
· Assist in preparation of monthly operational reports for bulk and distilling KPIs
· Produce new product development liquid cost estimates
· Assist in the annual carrying cost uplift exercise
Compliance & Accounting
· Collation of information required for both internal and external audit inquiries in relation to spirit supply and liquid stock areas
· Participate in the annual maturing whisky inventory checks
· Manage and co-ordinate annual empty cask asset checks and perform quarterly reconciliations of empty casks, filled casks to the cask asset register
· Work closely with shared service centre to analyse reporting and drive local JDSL plant ownership of actions
· Customer maintenance
· Sundry Invoicing
· Run external warehouse rent process, look to reactivate warehouse utilisation reports
· Document spirit supply finance manual
· Deputise for Finance Analyst
· General finance team admin responsivities which include (Mail scanning, raising/banking of cheques and raising P-card requests).
Measures of success
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
· Delivery of timely & accurate reporting in line with business targets
· Demonstrated understanding of operational processes within areas supported
· Development of current systems and procedures
· Compliance with all annual requests (Strategy plans/Budget/Forecasts) throughout the year
· Others defined by annual performance setting with the Spirit Supply Finance Analyst
· Pro-active and positive engagement with the Finance team
Critical experiences for success
Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to convincingly state a case with supporting backup
· Financial Analysis: Strong analytical skills. Analysing data and presenting as information
· Product costing: Understanding of costing principles, desire to learn about physical processes and how they impact the cost base
· Independence: Ability to work and think independently
· Co-ordination: Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining excellent standards of outputs.
· Control Environment: Understanding of internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal / external reporting and communications.
· Basic Operating Systems: Knowledge of basic software and operating systems and related aspects (e.g. system tools, software, hardware, related products and controls). Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
Work experience requirements
· Part qualified accountant or graduate with business related degree
· Ability to work independently and in a group environment.
· Advanced Excel skills are required.
· Ability to work with financial systems - e.g. SAP, DRAMS, BI (desirable but not essential)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Educational requirements
· English Fluent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.