About the role
HR Business Partners - SEA works with a high degree of autonomy and empowerment. The role covers all aspects of HR from sourcing talent through compensation and benefits, systems and processes, organization review and design, employee engagement, succession planning and development, employee relations and communications.
The role is the key interface with the South East Asia leadership team to lead or support in areas such as:
- Partnering with management to develop and deploy HR programs covering the key global HR pillars.
- Acting as a first point of contact to the leadership teams for all HR related matters.
- Supporting employees in all aspects of human resources to ensure a strong sense of family and care.
- Ensuring high quality application of HR services, policies and programs.
- Contribute to strategy development through the provision of HR solutions that demonstrate added value.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Be the HR business partner for the assigned teams.
- Provide coaching and counseling in the areas of employee relations, policy interpretation and review, staffing, compensation & benefits, conflict resolution, performance management, talent development and succession planning.
- Provide HR Support for employee relations issues e.g. performance management, attendance & timekeeping, discipline & grievance
- Support Line Management during the recruitment and induction process
- Deliver organizational communications
- Support design and ensure implementation of organizational changes aligned with the Role Model Organization and talent strategy
- Drive Building Capabilities programs for the location(s) in line with Global people strategy and plans
People Practices and Systems
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures in terms of conduct, mobility, compensation & benefits, internal & external recruitment, onboarding, development, training, etc.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations to reduce risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Maintain HR systems (Primarily WorkDay), ensure data is kept up to date and correct and provide relevant analysis and reports as required.
Talent Development and Acquisition
- Support implementation of Global talent strategy.
- Help build succession pipeline for the critical roles
- Support line managers in creation and implementation of development plans for identified population (e.g. top and rising talent).
- Coach and educate managers on the talent development methodology and development products available
- Recruit and integrate high quality candidates according to business needs, lead-time and recruitment cost targets.
- Coordinate and liaise with contracting agencies to provide support to plant operations.
- Support and ensure functional and technical training requirements, plans, delivery, review and assessment of effectiveness are in place (primarily for bottling line operators)
Employee Benefits and Welfare
- Assist HR experts on employee benefit and welfare plans including annual enrollments, life-status changes, Total Rewards statements
- Monitor employee engagement level, support implementation of action plans to drive engagement.
- Ensure timely and effective reporting and communication of progress as required
The HR Business Partner will also have the opportunities to be involved in a number of key local or regional / global initiatives and projects across the key HR pillars. These can range from Re-igniting our culture to Employee Engagement or Compensation and Benefits.
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve objectives in line with global Business and HR annual objectives and quarterly priorities
- Talent Development: Ensure critical roles and all talent have (i) a robust and effective development plan aligned with a clear career path; and (ii) a succession plan with a realistic time frame.
Critical experiences for success
- Excellent skills in building engagement and coaching / counseling
- 10+ Years of Human Resource Experience required
- Excellent organization and follow up skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a fast paced rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to teach, instruct, and consult with others
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits legislations, principles, policies and practices
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Effective and resourceful candidate sourcing for various levels of positions
- Ability to work within a highly confidential environment
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits and/or FMCG industry is a distinct advantage
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related Masters Degree or equivalent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.