About the role
As Field Marketing Manager, you will be accountable for delivering performance targets on brand activities in the market, driving value creation for our company while growing distribution. You will contribute to the planning, design and execution of consumer and distributor programs. You will drive effective activation of these across your markets.
- Contribute and manage to the situation assessment for your Brand in the market, and help define the brand "Jobs to be Done" each year as part of the annual integrated activity planning (IAP) process
- Develop the detailed region marketing and sales plan, identifying target on/off-premise accounts and opportunities
- Support and oversee the plan and execution of selected brand activities in your market
- Manage and analyze an A&P budget for your brand as assigned by your Manager
- You will ensure selected brand activities you manage in your market are measured and evaluated pre- and post-activity to optimize the A&P spend
- Identify and codify growth drivers for roll out to other markets
- Drive executional excellence on all activities to the assigned Brands led in your market
- You will be responsible for working closely with Bacardi Sales team and distributors in your market, to ensure that they are trained and confident in achieving the brand's goals
- Collaborate and partner closely with the sales teams in your market to ensure that they are trained, knowledgeable and motivated to sell
This role is varied, but it is anticipated that a large percentage of your time will be on the front-line interacting with the field-based teams in your market. As a result, you can expect to be out in the field most days traveling to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The FMM will be focused on developing their specific, designated markets or cities. The role combines commercial and marketing responsibilities with the aim of driving highly productive and appropriate distribution whilst creating inspiring brand presence in those markets or cities.
- Create the regional plan in partnership with BUSA (Bacardi USA) & SGWS (Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits) collaborating with local sales teams, CPA (Customer Planning & Activation) lead and local distributor teams.
- Partnering with BUSA and SGWS to identify distribution opportunities, new accounts opening, key influencers, menu placements and event opportunities.
- Develop a contact plan and Monthly activity reporting.
- Execute objectives for the brand focused on target accounts development and advocacy.
- Coordinating salesforce training at regular meetings and supporting with Rep ride-with assist the selling activity in key target outlets.
- Delivering the event programs and any local activities.
- Competitor Tracking and Reporting from the field.
- Control of POS ordering and allocation.
- Control over A&P spend.
- Detailed controls over any limited edition or allocated stocks as required.
- Weekly team call to coordinate actions.
- Weekly review of top issues and opportunities.
- Monthly performance report - goals scored for and against.
- Monthly check-in with the commercial lead in your market or channel to ensure alignment and solid execution.
- Quarterly team meeting to review the plan.
Business performance management
- Ensures measurement and evaluation of all major activity led by the FMM following guidelines provided.
- Supports the codification of successful brand growth drivers.
- Accountable for delivery of performance billings and depletions.
- Accountable for the delivery of planned brand activity - Target distribution, menu, visibility, trainings, ETC.
- Accountable for controlling the local A&P budget.
Creating a winning team
- Works with BUSA national, regional and market (brand)eams to build a shared sense of purpose among all employees.
- Fosters close collaboration with Customer Marketing throughout brand planning, activation and tracking of KPIs.
Developing talent & capability
- Supports development of their team of brand ambassadors where relevant
Measures of success
- Achieve brand financial and commercial targets in the market (revenue, profitability, share)
- Increase same outlet rate of sale velocity
- Ensure consistent adherence to approved brand standards and visual identity
- Growing your brand advocacy people resource
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- 3-5+ years of marketing and/or commercial experience; at least 1-2 years experience in the beverage/spirits industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Experience in supporting brand plan development.
- Experience within multiple specialty areas: digital, promotions, events, commercial.
- Solid verbal and written skills
- Ability to generate and deliver meaningful presentations
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to demonstrate analytical capability regarding brand metrics or financials.
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in front-line sales
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Comprehension of competitive market for brand
- Experience in line managing a small team, directly or indirectly
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.