About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Brewing First Line Manager
Primary purpose and function of position:
Managing the team's daily and weekly activities, in order to produce the right amount of beer, in a safe environment, according to the highest standard quality and at the lowest cost possible, following the AB InBev ways of working and adhering to department KPI's.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Tasks: Responsibilities
- The job requires balancing the constant search for new improved ways of working, together with the sustained implementation of agreed VPO ways of working.
- The consistent adoption of structured target setting and performance management processes in order to achieve the department KPI's.
- Use VPO tools and methods to reach required level of safety, quality and efficiency of production.
- Ensure appropriate application of VPO tools by operators.
- Ensure full flexibility within the teams to meet existing and future business needs.
- To develop all individuals and the team.
- Ensure effective communication and co-ordination across department.
- To work the hours necessary to undertake the role and be available 24/7 on call as required.
Key Tasks: Accountabilities
- Adheres to production schedule for Brewhouse, fermentation and aging area and filtration area to meet packaging and quality needs and to optimize manpower operation
- Ensures performance as per related daily, weekly and monthly KPI's and communicates corrective actions to corresponding meetings
- Shares accountability in the maintenance and utility cost performance across the brewing dept.
- Contributes to the identification of improvement plans as reviewed during the daily, weekly and monthly meetings processes
- Report all relevant team KPI's as defined through the MCRS process (e.g. losses, lost time not worked, energy, utilities, etc)
- Motivates the team to achieve departmental KPI's as required
- Ensuring compliance with and helping to create SOP's
- Addresses safety concerns and incidents within the department
- Complies to EH&S, quality and HACCP standards
- Manages people: leads shift handover meetings, work schedules, training needs, employee relationships, individual performance, yearly one-to-one sessions, coaching, innovation program and team motivation
- Training plans regularly reviewed for all staff - appropriate records maintained accordingly
- Walk the floor - lead by example, positively challenge under-performance, reinforce good behaviours
About the candidate:
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Minimum A level or equivalent education.
- Have or be prepared to study for the IBD diploma in Brewing.
- Experience of managing teams to meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing and developing teams to achieve targets and KPI's.
- Experience of high speed production in a management or supervisory role.
- Experience in managing / controlling budgets.
- Experience managing significant change issues.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques.
- Strong organisational skills and adheres to deadlines.
- Leadership skills, someone who will walk the floor and talk openly to staff, able to motivate and inspire
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the brewing process, including yeast and fermentation cycles.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
- Highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions