About the role
As the Local Brand Ambassador for Santa Teresa Rum, you will be the leading expert on the Brand and Category in the market. You will embody and represent the brand image and values externally and internally. You will collaborate closely with the Regional Marketing Manager and the sales team in your market to increase the awareness of our brand with key influencers (e.g. bartenders) in the strategic On Trade channel. Your deep knowledge of the Category, the Brand and the Santa Teresa heritage along with your ability to communicate and influence people will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be the visible face of the brand in consumer and trade media and will represent the brand at key trade events in the New York market.
- You will develop relationships with key stakeholders in the On Trade channel (i.e. Bartenders and Bar Owners) and influence the positioning of Santa Teresa Rum in the market.
- You will coordinate with the local Sales team to train all local bartenders in key accounts and drive the Availability, Visibility and Advocacy.
- You will lead and execute brand and category training programs for local sales and distributor teams.
This role is varied and will require interacting with the sales teams and key channel influencers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results and excellence in execution
- Drive Visibility and Affinity to the Brand ensuring implementation of advocacy programs agreed in the Integrated Activity Planning.
- Embodies and represents the brand and its values in key trade/consumer events and shows
- As expert on the brand and category, advises Regional Marketing Manager and Global Director in definining how we show up in the on trade: Drink Strategy, POS (Availability Visibility Advocacy), etc
- Adapts and Deploys Global Brand/Category training programs
- Trains and Mentors local Trade Ambassadors and Commercial teams on brand, category and trends
Develop talent and capability
- Together with Hub Advocacy and Commercial team, own and embed the Advocacy capabilities to build the organization's capacity to deliver year on year value growth.
- Build a learning organization by creating a "share, steal and reapply" culture that systematically contributes to building a Global database of Brand Advocacy best practices.
- Provide Regional Marketing Manager with the Brand/category expertise and advise to enable an effective commercialization of category strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure implementation of learning and development plans and sustained learning for everyone in your team
Create a winning team
- Contribute to a shared sense of purpose across the country team
- Have a deep knowledge of Santa Teresa Rum history and culture
Measures of success
Performance: Deliver target Availability Visibility Quality Price Advocay Promotion, distribution and affinity scores; Deliver target number of trade shows and consumer events
Commercial scorecard: Achieve Advocacy goals defined in Commercial Scorecard
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, or related field.
- 3 years of industry experience
- Experience in international recognized top mixology account(s), usually as mixologist or Manager
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Wide network of strong industry relationships.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- High level of business acumen with an ability to influence distributors / key customers
- Comfortable managing, tracking and operating within budgets
- Ability to present and train both distributors and accounts on brand knowledge and cocktail basics
- Strong basics of drink development
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in Spirits and/or Beverage industry (at a globally relevant brand)
- Spanish language skill is a plus but not required
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.