Job Description :
Position requires a strong knowledge of plant operations in a variety of subjects, disciplines, and duties including planning, maintenance, processing, procurement and project management. A strong leadership and communication skill set is critical for this role. Working at the direction of the Asset Care Manager and Asset Care Team Lead, the automation and control (A&C) Technician / Engineer should be capable of innovative thinking and driven to maintain momentum while maintaining a healthy industrial climate. The ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects, tasks and organizational needs in an environment that is always dynamic is a critical success factor. The A&C Technician / Engineer needs to be diverse enough to understand and track the needs of the business at the most economic cost and highest quality.
Purpose of Role:
The Automation & Control Technician / Engineer participates in designs, implements and supports all control systems for all of the Processing & Packaging systems. These systems include a wide variety of controllers, user interfaces, and quality analysis equipment. The Automation Control Technician / Engineer will coordinate with all engineering, operations, maintenance personnel to support all aspects of the manufacturing automation systems. The individual may also be required to cover gaps in the Maintenance manpower if an issue arises. This is a key role to support delivery of plant operational reliability KPI's.
- Execute plans in accordance with established budgets and objectives. Includes supporting and enforcing standardized project management requirements such as change control, training, construction management, scope development and buy-in with stakeholders on user requirements, justification, constraints and assumptions. Must be able to communicate project status, needs, and KPI's to wide range of stakeholders across the site.
- Implement reliability projects across all operations.
- Support site leadership, Asset Care Manager, Asset Care Team Lead, Facility Coordinator as necessary, providing technical guidance and direction.
- Provide technical expertise for general machine and process control as well as associated networking (Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet and ProfiBus).
- Partner with and mentor select maintenance personnel to build knowledge of controls systems.
- Provide on-site technical support in programming and troubleshooting electrical systems and subsystems including Allen Bradley PLC, variable frequency drives, servo controls and operator interfaces (Panelbuilder, RSView32, FactoryTalk View Studio, RSLogix, Contrologix) in order to support maintenance, identify training gaps and establish requirements
- Identify areas of opportunity for improvement in efficiencies, safety, quality, food safety, cost, processes and personnel
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Several years equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of Industrial Automation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive PLC programming experience is required. Prefer Allen-Bradley systems experience including, but not limited to, the Rockwell FactoryTalk suite of software, Logix platform, and proficient understanding of Allen-Bradley industrial networks.
- Experience developing and supporting SCADA systems'
- Experience developing process control strategies and PLC programs is required. Previous experience with process control for the food industry is preferred.
- Experience with variable speed drives, preferably Allen-Bradley.
- Possess a good understanding of computer and industrial networks.
- Ability to travel as needed for training opportunities.
- Ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary.
- Focused Improvement & Root Cause Analysis experiences a plus.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Exposure to UL/NEC/NFPA compliance requirements
- Microsoft Office suite literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- SAP system knowledge & experience a plus
- Strong leadership background
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :