Job Description :
The Corporate Relations (CR) team's role is to protect and promote Diageo's reputation and licence to operate, in service of becoming the most trusted and respected consumer goods company. CR will work as business owners and strategic partners to transform the competitive environment within which we operate, unlocking value by:
- Driving a consistent, dynamic, global narrative and helping to prioritize what we want to be known for over a 3-10 year time frame
- Leading our public policy, tax, trade and market access work to sell and help sell
- Proving ourselves a trusted partner with all stakeholders in addressing society's concerns around the misuse of alcohol and the entire CSR agenda
- Providing senior expertise and counsel, as well as analytics and intelligence to our business leaders
- Advising our leaders on how to engage and inspire our people
- Anticipating and mitigating risks
We want to earn recognition for our people; our unrivaled collection of brands and stewardship; our performance as a business; our success as an innovator; and our industry leadership with a wholehearted commitment to supporting the responsible use of alcohol.
The purpose of the Corporate Communications team is to drive and enable Diageo's Performance Ambition by connecting and communicating to stakeholders about Diageo, through impactful and engaging campaigns and stories so that our stakeholders are effective ambassadors who are aware and energized about who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
The individual will have sole responsibility for a variety of 'digital' channel activities that support the achievement of our communications (both external and internal), campaigns and engagement goals - developing and executing best in class communications to inspire key stakeholders.
This role primarily acts as 'content creator and owner' for our digital channels. Pivotal will be the sourcing and promoting of our stories, campaigns content through our platforms. He or she will play a central role in mining for stories (best practice, proactive pitching and reactive data sourcing), aligned with our Brand Diageo and North America strategy - both outside in and internal - creating fresh and relevant content.
He/she will proactively partner with all members of the CR team, the culture & partnerships team, business resource groups (BRGs), senior stakeholders, key marketing and US media and the plc communications team.
- To develop and in turn execute best in class communications - digital, print and face to face - in support of the team's role in building and preserving Diageo plc's reputation and telling our Diageo NA society, brand and performance stories externally and internally
- Responsible for day to day press office duties - specifically, weekly round up of opps and risks across CR, media monitoring (including twitter), coverage summation, press office inbox monitoring (and responding or routing). Acts as first port of call for incoming press queries from local business and trade media, handling inquiries with limited input from senior team members.
- Develops an editorial plan that supports our strategy and Brand Diageo pillars. Proactively looks to tell our stories both through digital and print (via pitching or day to day story telling - ensure that our news flow is appropriately leveraged via all digital media channels (Twitter, Yammer, .com, Instagram).
- Maintains, with the team, infrastructure documents - with a specific focus on a 12 month, proactive, story telling and campaign calendar, clear M&E input and output materials and bring external best practice (Diageo global/other market and outside in) case studies to the fore).
- Works in partnership with team on specific events programme for i) Office move associated change events and ambassador activities, ii) media dinners/round tables: ii) key employee engagement activities - volunteer day and holiday party, iv) culture and partnership led programs
- M&E Support - Versed in use of analytics, across key global and local digital platforms - using measurement and analytics to monitor impact and activity
- At times connects and works in partnership with other cross functional or market /global communications teams - namely brand PR, LAC and global brand and communications team.
- The ability to flex into other areas of external and employee communication and engagement is essential
Role Qualifications: The successful candidate will have strong digital channel and communications experience. Key qualities will be:
- Educated to graduate level
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in communications with a strong background in digital platforms, story telling and creative, visually engaging, content creation
- Outstanding relationship skills, to create and sustain a network of best practice among our CR colleagues in diverse markets.
- Confident in communication, especially writing and capable in training - both virtual and face to face
- Strong organisational skills and excellent interpersonal skills needed
- Ability to interact with media, PR agency leaders and senior management stakeholders with credibility
- Must be a self-starter, able to take on a task with little direction and complete it successfully
- Commercial delivery. Has good commercial awareness and experience of working in a highly commercial environment.
- Strong drive, delivery and determination
- Innovative thinker, good ideas generation skills
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :